Sign in to follow this  
Guest daves0

The roads--- a dead end?

Guest daves0

One of the things in MSFS2002 that drives me crazy, are the roads...flying VFR..they look so bad as to not fit in with the rest of the scenery, especially with autogen buildings, trees, and so forth.Is there a way to make them look realistic instead of the jaggy, blurry, gray line that they are ????We have great trees, great mesh, improved buildings, the runways look decent, signs, awesome aircraft....and just plain old crappy looking roads.Wouldn't it be possible to develop road textures and place them like the mesh is done? or part of the mesh texturing?

Guest RiddlePilot

My roads in the US look fine. Search the forums for articles about edits to the terrain section of the fs2002.cfg file.

I do agree. But at least when flying at night you can get an improvement by using using the night textures from fsw.simflight.comNo-one has attempted to do anything with this and I would assume it would be a very difficult task to accomplish. So Ive read from other threads.BobG

Guest RiddlePilot

I use the white night city set. It looks amazing, and you don't have the blend from the FSW lights to the MS default lights in the cities. Here's a shot of just north of Orlando. The lights continue just like this right on through the city. Departing Daytona Beach at night, the runway quickly disappears into the sea of city lights, just like it does in real life.It is for the US only though.http://members.aon.at/white-night

Guest daves0

that night light looks mighty nice.... :)The first pic showing the road...right underneath looks terrible....not so bad from a distance, but it looks as if its painted on over the terrain..not part of it...With the landclass software, or perhaps something like terrascene for Fly...could the road placement be changed???There has to be a way to change the textures...