Sign in to follow this  
Guest shep9999

AI helo's

Guest shep9999

hi all,i've download some cfg files that all my helo's , s61 to act as ai aircraft... got it working fine but the sound is always the default cessna . i have a few a/c chinook etc with great sounds . any way to overcome this problem ?gaz

Guest j-mo

Have you tried aliasing the sound? Open the cfg file (in notepad) in the sound folder of your ai helo, and change it so it reads like this:(fltsim) <----------------------- in brackets, not parenthesesalias=chinooksoundI typed "Chinook" here, but you'll need to change it to the actual name of the aircraft folder containing your desired sounds, for example CH47, if that happens to be the name.Hope this helps. Post back with results.

Guest shep9999

sorry for long delay. been in hospital.I eventually found the following on hovercontrol.com. loads of ai files for helo's there."(7) Realistic helicopter sounds. All AI aircraft are mapped to one of four basic sound categories - single prop, turbo twin, small jet, or large jet - whose sound files (starting with "ai_") are located in the FS/Sound folder. In other words, any sound files you place in your AI aircraft's sound subfolder, or any attempts at setting an alias, will be ignored by the AI engine. Since MS didn't include AI helicopters there's no AI sounds for the choppers and the sounds you will hear are based on the "donor" aircraft configuration file, in our case a piston engine. Bummer!"this is from AI Helicopters 102: "European Masters" by Holger Sandmann, May 2003with important contributions by Doug Callihan.so now will wait for fs2006 / fs10 !!gazi think i will mess about and substitute the single prop for a chinook sound and see what happens !:9

Guest j-mo

Well... that's the last time I suggest something without testing it myself first! (I really should know better!)Sorry to hear about your hospitalization... hope you're feeling better.

Guest shep9999

thanks alex,fiddled around and got 1 of my ch47's working as ai using the ch46 file from the above authors. still sounds like a lawnmower!!gaz

Guest j-mo

>still sounds like a lawnmower!!:-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol *:-*