Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Best freeware helicopters?

OK guys, here's the situation. :-)I know little about sim helos; they are an area I have neglected in FS.You guys however are the experts, so hopefully you can help me out.I have toyed with the default R22, and more-or-less mastered it with sliders fully maxed. What I would appreciate now are some pointers on the best freeware helos out there.Can you guys please offer your top 3 picks, with reasons why? Good Flight models and VCs are a plus, advanced systems are a major plus. :-)Preferably non-military but like I said, you guys are the experts, so any great choppers, please sing out.Your help is much appreciated, thanks for helping a rotary newbie out!Cheers

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Skymed

Anything by Jordan Moore, and there are hundreds of choppers to choose from over at www.hovercontrol.com.Steve

Guest EC130

Hi there.I like the robinson R44 raven 2 I can't find one any were though.There's a pic below Thanks Charles:-wave

Guest Captain Geoff

The SH-60 used by the VUSN (vusn.org) is one sweet bird. The automated flight control system is pretty complex and requires some time to learn to use properly, but it makes long flights bearable.But the assist mode for manual flight really makes the bird shine making it quite controllable. I believe firmly in trying to get as real as possible and I've been told by experts that the VUSN SH-60 is about as close as it can get given M$FS constraints.In order to get it, however, you'll have to join the VUSN - hey you can always drop out too.I'm CO of HS-5 over at the VUSN and our training program is one of the best, if not the best. It takes a lot of work (comparatively), but I learned to fly helos with them, and if I can do it so can you.I know it's military, but I can tell you in the real world lots of commercial pilots learned their skills through the military. In fact I can usually tell you which pilot was Navy or Air Force trained by their landing. (The Navy doesn't land a plane - it *plants* a plane on the deck). I know many of my friends were in the Navy just to learn to fly so they could go commercial. Check out the HS-5 site. We don't have many rotor heads, so I'm always looking for folks who will stick with it through the training and join us.Geoff McLean, CDR, VUSNHS-5 CommandingSenior Captain, Pier Glass Aviation

Guest C ougar02

The Nemeth Brothers have some great ships, my favorites are the MD-500D and MD-500E. Deane Baunton gets my vote on the Hueys. As for the Bell 206BIII, I prefer an Owen Hewitt ship, and for the 206L, Alan Devins. All of these ships are available on the Hovercontrol site.

Guest Metro_3

The AS365 is still a nice one also. There have been a few upgrades to it since it was released. The Bell 430 is a great one.Go to hovercontrol.com.... you can't go wrong with anything there.

Guest nick46

Best I have seen so far is the very recent Westland Wessex by Brian Franklin.I had waited for 3 years for it. It is superb, and a Royal Navy version might come out. The sound file is also the best I have ever heard for a helo engine. Brian and his team deserve an award for this, and I am sure a lot of love and hard work went into its making.They are British, and therefore they are characterized by the famous British attention to detail and to fidelity, and in both areas they have made a product which puts to shame many payware addons.My gratitude and thanks to them.See color profiles and the plastic models I have made at the links below.http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=27171http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/show...7178#post267178

Guest crotiusf16

Good dayHovercontrol "hovers". I have downloaded quite a few of their helis. No problems as yet. Just me that crashes them trying to do what others can do with their eyes closed.Corrie the heli trasher.