Sign in to follow this  
Guest captainbsb

Nemeth S-76 RELEASED!!

Hello, the S76 does not have an autopilot, due to the fact the designers wanted to get it released sooner than later. There is one that is available at hovercontrol that works in any heli. I love this chopper. well worth it even without the autopilot. There is aome amazing repaints showing up as well. Go to hovercontrol and you will see more posts about this bird. Job well done. I hope this helps you.

Can you tell me honestly if it's worth the money asked for taking into account please, what's available in freeware at say; Hover Control.com?

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Can you tell me honestly if it's worth the money asked for>taking into account please, what's available in freeware at>say; Hover Control.com?it's a typical nemeth release. no systems (none, nope, not a single one, sorry, nothing!) so the 37$ pricetag is steep. but that's the tendency with developers as of late. i know they rushed it, you could tell but nothing that prevents from the enjoyment. and it surely is enjoyable. couple of things that bug me about it:- night lightning in the VC leaves a lot to be desired making this chopper a pain to fly at night- dynamics feel forced.. too much body roll among others. one of the hardest birds to fly. after a month or so fighting with it i've given up and have realism at 50% and it still behaves odd. i am waiting for teh fsx version so i can compare whether its fs9 or not. - i would have loved different configurations. the 4 seater VIP is ok but more would have been better. particularly the 31" pitch 12 seater offshore config which is far more popular. or even the 6 seater vip. - blurry VC textures. there is a fix for that from bananabob over at screenshotart (thank you dude!). but it should have never been released with this obvious bug. signs of rushing/carelesness- no systems. none. you have your VOR radio and that's it. and the default GPS which is what you will likely use. see below- tuning the radios is very weird and i have no idea why. press the mouse and drag is a few inches to tune. or hover over the thumbdial and use the mouse wheel (haven't tried it - found about this method tonight). what happened to the click zones with + - - once again with no autopilot (you can add one but this being payware you must not have to) it sort of kicks the use for the s76 out the window. you have an effective range of something like 600nm with auxiliary fuel tanks or in the C+ model.. fly that by hand for 4 hours.... - fuel burn. the A model (which is what is modeled here) should be good for about 400NM. well i ran out of fuel at 311NM. i've tried everything and could not push it past that. that means somehow i was missing 100+NM of range... bollocks. again you can fix that but you musn't have to since you are paying for the package. - the windows in the doors don't open- where are the AC controls? even dummy ones would be cool.. it lacks those small touches imo. - this is a matter of personal preference but the chopper is too new! no wear anywhere. now when you model the A model which is like 20 years old and out of production for quite some time now, a little weathering won't hurt. i've been in some fleet S76s and those were literally falling apart.... unlike planes, interior durability of choppers is a joke. - i am having trouble hunting down the best sim resolution to get optimal VC clarity at anything except high zooms (1.0+). Some quirks here and there but overal it is an excellent model with great interior textures. i don't rate the outside because 3rd party repaints take care of that. if you have played with the freeware nemeth choppers, this is of the same quality, nothing more (sadly). as to whether it is worth the asking price, that depends on how much you want one, because there is nothing on the market in the same category that even comes close. i am happy, i think it's worth it and hopefully their next release (i am pulling for the bell 222) will do some systems modelling with proper gauges for night lighning, even if they have to consult with a full time programmer to get the job done.

Thanks for reviewing the Nemeth S-76 for me, I was seriously thinking of buying this (my first payware helicopter) but, I am now going to keep my money in my pocket.I have bought many fixed wing aircraft and believe that what is in the cockpit both 2D and VC views is what counts. that is the environment I prefer. I don't care much for how luxurious the interior is the FDE and general realistic simulation is what sells payware.I have quite a few of Nemeth helicopters (freeware) and love them all but am going to give this one a miss.Thanks again for replying. It's appreciated. ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png