Sign in to follow this  
JimD737

US Coast Guard Air Station Scenery

I'm putting together a collection of custom Air Station Scenery using GMAX. I'm not done yet.Air Stations (AirSta)============================Borinquen TJBQ PRClearwater KPIE FLCorpus Christi KNGP TXHouston KEFD TXBarbers Point PHJR HAKodiak PADQ AKLos Angeles KLAX CAMiami KOPF FLMobile KMOB ALNorth Bend KOTH ORSavannah KSVN GASan Diego KSAN CAWould someone like to test the sceneries?I'll be posting screenshots as soon as I can upload them: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jpdonlin/mhe.htmThanks for reading!Jim Donlin

Guest crabster

Could you do Atlantic City KACY NJ?

Crabster,Being from NJ, I have two "flavors" of ACY in the works: 1. Full ACY with corrected AFCAD, terminal, CGAS ACY, 177th flightline and alert shacks or 2. the CGAS ACY to be used with default scenery. :)Which one would you like to try? Neither are finished. Send me an email to jpd172netscapenet. I may try my hand at the FAA TECH Ctr in GMAX...I'm planning to re-do the EGC scenery I uploaded a few weeks ago.Regards,JimPS weren't you with the 177th? I think we traded emails a long time ago, may be regarding FLY2 or the museum at KWWD

Guest crabster

JIM!Yep, we did trade emails ages ago! and you're correct in was in ref to Fly2. Wow, I'd forgotten all about that. But I also did take a long hiatus from flightsimming.I'd vote for option #1 but the big question is: are you making this for FS9 or FSX?I'll drop ya an email in a bit.Andy

Sir,My guys would love to test your sceneries for you. Like yourelf, we have former CG members who can attest to many of the stations in your list.Drop me a line and I can set up some testers for you.getstill at aol dot comvADM Kyle RamseyvCommandant, VUSCGwww.vuscg.org

I've completed all of the objects and their locations. I'm verifying the AFCADS and adding ramp lighting and other objects.I've added HITRON10 at Cecil.AFC OBJ Light c CGAS_ATLANTICCITYc c wip CGAS_ASTORIA c CGAS_BORINQUEN c CGAS_CAPECOD c CGAS_Clearwater c CGAS_CORPUSCHRISTI c wip CGAS_ELIZABETH_CITY c CGAS_HOUSTON c CGAS_HUMBOLDT c CGAS_KALAELOA c CGAS_KODIAK c CGAS_LOSANGELES c CGAS_MIAMI c CGAS_MOBILE c CGAS_NEWORLEANS c CGAS_NORTHBEND c CGAS_PORTANGELES c CGAS_SACRAMENTO c CGAS_SANDIEGO c CGAS_SANFRANCISCO c CGAS_SAVANNAH c CGAS_TRAVERSE_CITY c CGAS_CECIL_HITRONJim

I'm also adding some BASIC internal wall abjects.The webpage has ben updated with pix of all Air Stations.Jim

My Flight Sim cr@pped out on me and I had to do a re-install.This is making me focus on one Airstation at a time. I think I've got the problems figured out.Being from NJ, I started back with Atlantic City. All is well so far.The scenery will consist of:1. Coast Guard Air Station Atlantic City (complete)2. FAA Tech Center & FAA Hangar (complete; tbd textures)3. ACY Terminal and jetways (tbd: jetways)4. 177th Ramp and hangars (complete)5. 177th Alert ramps (complete; new and old)6. Updated AFCAD for new taxiways (tbd)7. Taxiway signs (TBD)Let me know if you guys want to test KACY.Jim

Guest TDHenderson

Jim,How is this project going? I would be happy to help you with any testing.Thanks!Trevor

Guest fsxmissionguy

Jim,Any chance you could attempt the Park Police heliport in DC?I have a freeware mission that could use that scenery that I am preparing for rerelease, and I could include your scenery in the mission.The mission is called Palm 90 and is available here if you'd like to look at the current version:http://www.box.net/shared/q8t46n4hkqCheers,

Hi,In the fullness of time, please consider including the USCG station at Wood's Hole, MA. It has docking for one medium and one small boat (sorry, don't know the real name, no offense) and the dock doubled as a helicopter parking place (not the super-big size one). Sorry I don't know the real names. thanks,danI spent eleven summers teaching there and even got to look around inside a chopper and a small boat. When the QE2 went aground in the channel between Woods Hole and Martha's Vineyard, that station got very busy. Also after Hurricane Bob in 1991. I had no idea those boats [ships? certainly not cutter-sized] could tow sailboats half-filled with water out of the main channel. Those boats must be all engine. That station also brought in Coast Guard skyhooks(?) skycranes(?), to lift fairly large yachts. Even half a mile away, the noise was deafening. The staff there were very nice, unless Clinton was visiting MV. After 9/11 they pretty much became a closed and much-more-guarded dock.

Guest Col7777

I just found this thread so forgive me for being a bit late, has anything become of this package, is it for download anywhere, it looks very good from the what I've seen?

Good Afternoon,Could I get a link to your CG Station Scenery so that I could have a look.CheersJoel RichtersvRADM(LH)District CommandervUS Coast Guard

Good afternoon, May i please req a link to the USCG scenery Pack. Thank YouAdmiral Tim HobinTransload Virtual Coast Guard Div CEO/CO