Sign in to follow this  
Guest Don Stone

Inability to get lift off in FSX

Guest Don Stone

I use CH controls, ie pedals, yoke and more recently flightstickpro. The latter came as a result of my wish to learn to fly helicopters. I have FSX installed on two pc's..one is an older one and I only use it for flying helicopters and it works fine - I should mention that the only CH product on it is flight stickpro. Now, to my new pc....it has FSX with Acceleration X, my full stable of aircraft etc. and has CH Pedals, Flight yoke and Flightstick pro installed. Whilst the helicopters loads ok and acts normally initially, and the sound indicates that power is increasing when I use the throttle control (on the flight stick pro) the helicopter just won't lift off the ground. I cannot determine why. One thing I do notice is that although Flightstick is listed in the controller menu when I open Options, Settings, Controls in FSX it is always showing "CH Flight Sim Yoke USB" and NOT "Flightstick Pro". Whether this latter occurence is a factor I don't know Any help and advice as to why this happens or, how to overcome it, would be appreciated and my thanks in advance..or maybe I'm should stick to just flying helicopters on my older pc......!:-hmmm

You're probably right that it is the driver. Have you tried to lift off using the keyboard "controls"? If that works, you may want to ask over at hovercontrol.com about the correct config for your stick. There's a lot of good info there. dan

Guest Don Stone

Many thanks Dan for your suggestions...I'll certainly do as you suggest and follow up at Hovercraft if required. Regards

You need to switch on the 'inverters'. Then you will lift off.The inverters provide power for the hydraulic pumps that change the pitch of the rotor blades.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Don Stone

Hi Dave and thanks for your input..been absent for a couple days hence the delay in responding. "Inverters" eh...can't say I've seen them mentioned before...I fly the default Robinson and the Bell 206 (or try too....). Anyway, I'll look for them and let your know the outcome. Regards Don S

Don, I don't fly Helo's very much but do know that 'HoverControl' helo's are hardcore and I think you was referring to them?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi Don,as far as I know, it should not be a heck of a problem that your Saitek Controller is stated with the wrong nam, as Axxis-Definition stays the same, and if you are able to apply power in fixed wing aircraft, you should be able to use the collective in helo's as well.Does your Rotor RPM settle around 100% when you try to apply power? If not, or if you are unsure what I am talking about, try Ctrl+F4. That should give you a change in sound and, after a couple of seconds (as soon as the sound is steady again) the ability to apply power and lift that thing off the ground.