Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

Soundless Helicopters.

Hello.I have downloaded the HH65 Dolphin from Hovercontrol, and as much as I like it, I wanted to use a different sound pack.So I deleted the sound files in the sound folder and copied in the ones I want to use.But now I have absolutely no sounds at all. Inside or out.I have the Helli flying etc, but nothing from the sounds.So I switched to the EC135 that I copied the sounds from just to make sure that they are OK, and they were.Any suggestions at all please why this is happening.Thanks.

Hi Steve,In my experience and in what I've read on tweaking FSX, messing with sound will get you in a world of hurt, fast. If you look at the customer support wiki at www.precisionmanuals.com, select "all articles", then "FSX tweaks", there is a brief discussion of how to change sounds.This is guesswork from memories of threads in other forums here, but I think you have to change the aircraft.cfg file, the config file in the main Sounds folder, and one other place.A way to figure it out might be to search the AVSIM library for the utility that lets you add your own airline call signs into the ATC dialog. I can't remember the name right now. It was mentioned in a recent issue of PC Pilot.I'll see if I can find the file in the library and repost if I can. Oh, if you have FSX Deluxe, the instructions are in the SDK Mission builder about how to link audio files to specific triggers. I think the tool is called ODT, (object dialog tool?) but I was never able to get it to work right in the missions I tried to design.dan

Hi Dan.Thank you very much for getting back to me on this, however I forgot to mention that this is in FS9.1, not FSX.I apologise for the mistake.I'm just confused as to why this is happening.I have copied all the sounds and the sound cfg from a "working just fine" one into this one, but it is still silent!

Hi,You also have to edit the sound cfg file in the sound folder with the new sound files for the helo in question inserting each file into the appropriate section. You just can't copy another sound cfg intact from another helo. Each sound cfg can be very different.Just open the orig sound cfg file of the helo that you want to change. Also open the cfg file of the helo that you want to take the sound from. Then copy and paste from the sound cfg file of the desired helo sound cfg file into the applicable section of the sound cfg file of the helo you want to change.I do this all the time with no problems for all kinds of aircraft. I have the Alouette II, and it sounds like an annoying mosquito, so I changed it to sound like a Huey.Bill

Hey bud,sometimes you have to change the type of engine in the Aircraft.cfg. Look for the section "[GeneralEngineData]" and cheange the values in the "engine_type=0". Try 5 or 1. Btw, look for my sounds for this great helo!!Hope this help!Best regards.

Martoni