Sign in to follow this  
blave

Sling load Mission: hardest thing I've ever tried in FS

Note: I have FS-X Acceleration installed, which is required to fly the mission I'm about to describe.Today I delved into the Intermediate and Advanced helicopter Missions. Prior to this, I hadn't messed around with the mission stuff at all, but finally I decided to try it, and flew the training missions that use the R-22 pretty successfully. I decided to try the Advanced training mission that involves sling load work with the EH-101 helicopter.Maybe it's just the unseasonably hot wx today here in San Jose, but I don't recall ever actualy sweating before when trying to do something in FS... I was finally able to pick up the sling load (a pallet of wooden boxes), but was totally unsuccessful at delivering that load to the truck that is parked elsewhere on the airfield - let alone the other objectives in this mission.I'm a commercially rated helo pilot IRL - admittedly only in a "hobby" capacity (i.e. I haven't yet figured out a way to not pay for my flight time 8^) ) , and have never done any sling load training, but I have to believe that this mission is harder than doing it in real life.If you're looking for a challenge and have Acceleration installed, give this mission a shot.good luck with your load,Dave B.

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Guest j-mo

If you're looking for a challenge and have Acceleration installed, give this mission a shot.I agree these (EH-101) missions can be quite challenging. But what a feeling of accomplishment when you get them! I still haven't finished all of them.Regards,

Guest NeXTer

One of the reasons for the difficulty flying these missions is due to a pretty nasty bug in the EH-101 governor that causes the engine power to oscillate, something that affects the tail and collective authority. There are fixes for the aircraft.cfg file that reduces the issue dramatically but not completely.Search for "EH-101 governor_pid" and give the suggestions a try.