Sign in to follow this  
Guest KenG

Take the Camera even in a 152

I took a Cessna 152 up this evening at sunset in the Uk with my young son.At the last minute I grabbed the camera from the car and took a few snaps on route.So how about all you realworld pilots doing the same as you soon forget your flights and you dont need complex aircraft to get some nice shots ;-)Peter

Hey Peter, I started doing the same thing a few weeks ago when I took my long cross country to Meigs. Although I wont take pictures on every flight I take, the more memorable ones I plan to. My question is, after you fly all of those multi's that are truing out at 165+, how does it feel when you crawl back into a 152/172? I would think it has to feel like the slowest thing on the planet...just curious.Craig

Hi PeterWicked shots there m8!In relation to other people taking pics, i plan to take LOADS of shots of South East UK, and possibly channel hopping to France - after i've passed my PPL during this winter.I'm now onto NAV exam, planning to take it soon, then only the last 3 exams and about 15 more hours until the 45hr certificate.You'll see as many pics from me in the future as we do from you ;)PS. Have you got any stunning weather pics or channel hopping pics in the album e.g. CB, TCU etc CheersWill

Thanks again for posting the pics Peter.. fantastic!Judging by the position you were in to get some of those shots, your young son must be an acomplished co-pilot ;)

No! shhhh I Captain from the right when hes with me ;-)Peter

WillA couple for you, One is in the Seneca flying high over the channel

Guest KenG

Well Peter, I finally broke down last week and ordered a camera (digital). I haven't owned one in many years but decided I needed one for the express purpose of taking photos while flying. When the camera comes in, I'll try to get some shots posted. Of course, seeing your pics from a 152 makes me a little more comfortable shooting from a C172/PA28. I just didn't want to compete with a Seneca. ;-)

WOW, i like the top pic, is that @ about 5000ft?If it's possible, could I have a copy of both of those at full size, so i could use them as wallpaper?If so, i'll post my email address to you.I did a flight in a Piper Arrow (retractable undercarriage) :-kewl with the flying club from Shoreham during the summer across the channel @ 5000ft (myself flying half way) via Dieppe and headed west to Deaville. It was great fun, really enjoyable. Listening to French ATC for the first time is kinda mind blowing hehe - i couldn't understand most of what they were saying, but after a while you gradually begin to understand what they're talking about.Came back looking like a red tomato hehe :-sun1 . I look forward doing these types of trips next year ;)What a life as a pilot eh, thats why i'm going to make career of it - proberly USA or Canada next year.Cya l8trWill :-wave