Sign in to follow this  

Yikes! Video Card Problem

Hi,I am experiencing a weird problem, which I am pretty sure has to do with my ATI Radeon 9700. Whenever I play Flight Simulator 2002, about 20 minutes in to the gaming, a blue screen comes up. The blue is is all blue, with no text or anything. Just blue :( I cannot Alt-Tab or anything, and I have to reboot. All other games play marvelously.Here are my system specs:P4 2.53 Ghz512 RAMATI Radeon 9700 Pro (Catalyst DX9 BC0 Drivers)DX9 RC0

Thanks for the link. I read through it, and it seems the reigning solution for this problem is a format and re-installation of the OS. Shame. This card screams in FS, until it crashes the computer of course. I guess I can wait until they come out with a fix. I'll try giving ATI a call as well. I'm determined to solve this, and I really do not feel like formatting.

That sounds like a heat problem. Try running it with the case open for a while. My computer came with the koolmax cooling system designed specifically for the video card and works great.

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Maybe DX 9.0??? :-hmmm

what screen settings are you using?I have had problems with my 9700 and seem to be getting a glimmer of hope now ... I just want to make some more tests before saying I have cured itMine used to lock up anywhere from 5 to 15 mins of flight and I followed all the suggested install, format options on other forumsJohn

If you're having problems with the CD driver version 6166 use the FS2k2 version. ATI Reps want to know. There's a poll being conducted over at rage re: the 9700 and FS2k2 and the vast majority who've voted so far are having no problem at all. So you're in the minority. I've never seen a tech site like that one that has ATI Reps mixing it up with all the users working out the kinks with the various hardware combos. Anybody here using the 9700 successfully or unsuccessfully should add your vote to that poll. http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php...readid=33649442

I Have the same card and love it. It came installed on my system but had major problems with Combat Flight Sim III. They had me change divers but since I fly Flight Sim 2002 most of the time time did change the drivers to thier spec's but went back to the original drivers since it still wouln't let me load the game with the video turned up. That problem also sucked. Did the change and said screw it. Went back to the original drivers and sold Combat Sim III. I'm not that into combat but Flight Sim III,but it caught my attention since it has some bomber's that would have been fun to fly.

QuoteIf you're having problems with the CD driver version 6166 use the FS2k2 versionWhat is the FS2K2 version ?Thanks

""Noel, I assume you are aware there is an ATI driverissue with Flight Simulator. I used to get lockupsprior to the 6193 driver release. That, and the new 6200C, have been fine""Quote from above link. I was referring to the 6193 drivers if you're having trouble with the CD 6166 version. For me, the CD drivers work with everything I've tried so far. Running FS2k2 at 1600x1200x32 with max settings with exception of Mesh at 95%. Clouds at 60%. Visibility at 90-100 miles. ATC at default. 4xAA & 16xAF