Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Piper Arrow III

Guest Richard_H

Anyone know if there is a decent Piper Arrow out there, free or payware? I've searched the web intensively, and could only come up with Warren Baier's. Which is fine, but I am looking for a better panel - ie with a manifold pressure / fuel flow guage.Any ideas, good panels out there?Hope you can helpRichardps, I'm going for my complex endorsement and need some practice :)

I have them on my panel. There was a panel update for this. The mp gauge is from the default Mooney Bravo and I think a seperate digital fuel flow guage is on it.Look for the update.

Guest Richard_H

Thanks for the reply. Helped me get my answer, but in a very rondabout way.I eventually figured it out, but this was difficult as there were 3 problems, which may be of interest to those who have Warren

David Durst has some Arrow II, III, & IV's on his site. Here's the link:http://www.fspanels.com/Regards,ScottKJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

>ps, I'm going for my complex endorsement and need some >practice :) Although not a Piper, the new Socata TB20GT was specifically designed for IFR practice. If features complex, custom gauges complete with MAP/FF, digital readout on an EDM 700, a Shadin Fuel Management Computer, dual RMI (NAV1/2 switchable), HSI, VOR2 w/GS needle, etc.In addition, it has a VC that'll blow your socks off! ;)Best of all, it's totally FREE!Over 10,408 downloads from the four (known) sites where it is hosted, including AVSIM of course... :)

Guest Richard_H

Certainly looks sweet. I've cut out the bottom photo and it's wallpaper on my machine. Still, it's come out as a beta, so I'll wait. Anyway, I wanted to practice on what I will be flying for real.Looks like I have been affected once again by being cheap and only buying the standard edition of FS2k2. It doesn't look like there is a decent standard version for the Arrow out there.

Guest slydon

I put a search for that sacota tg20gt with no results. Where is it?

Will the Piper Archer do it for you?If so, the Dreamfleet Archer is first class.Both 2d and VC panels are state of the art.. However, if the manifold pressure gauge is what you are looking for, this airplane does not have one.. so maybe not a good choice after all.

Bert

>Certainly looks sweet. I've cut out the bottom photo and >it's wallpaper on my machine. Still, it's come out as a >beta, so I'll wait. Anyway, I wanted to practice on what I >will be flying for real. Ummm... nope. This is the full release. The 'final beta' was released last month, and then only to members of the panel and aircraft design forum.A new set of flight dynamics will be available this Friday, to correct a bit too agressive counter-torque compensation, reduce nosegear over steer, and stiffen the nose gear strut compression.I do understand about the desire to practice on something as close as possible to the actual a/c you're going to train on though. That was the whole reason for developing the TB20GT for the Socata Aircraft company... :)I understand using the 'real a/c' photo as wallpaper. The walls of my office are lined with them! :)Of course, they're soon to be replaced with builders prints of the Beriev BE103 Amphibian, our next project!

Guest slydon

I tried your link and it says that I am downloading a dash 8. I don't want that.

>very sorry if I bothered you. Oh dear! No, it wasn't a bother... Did I forget to smile? :)Have a great Thanksgiving (if you celebrate the holiday); if not, have a great weekend!