Sign in to follow this  

Just a Few Questions

Short and to the point - I want to have flightplans for each of my virtual airline flights I've created. All my flights depart and arrive at Paris Orly LFPO. ?#1)Is it realistic for me to just open up the FS2002 Flight planner and plot waypoints by following airways? Basically, it seems like this is all I can do except to do it following FAA and European Airspace regulations. ?#2)Is there one single website where I can get all the airspace regulations for the world?So, say I want to draw up a flightplan that departs Paris Orly Airport and arrives at Martinique Le Lementin Airport. I would have to open up my FS2002 flightplanner and follow any airways I choose, plotting any waypoints I choose, while following airspace regulations for France/Europe, Oceanic regulations, Caribbean regulations or whatever airspace I enter? I just want my flightsplans to be legal and realistic :)ZACH

P.S.I'm only opertating to about twelve cities worldwide, mostly within the Atlantic/European regions, so if anyone would like to help me out with creating these flightplans, it should go somewhat quick and I'd be soooooo thankful.ZACH

Just for the record and since some cool azz person might come across this and might love to help me (or just generate them for me completely :))))The flights I need plans for with all current restrictions implemented are:Paris LFPO to:Amsterdam EHAMAthens LGAVBrussels EBBRCairo HECAFrankfurt EDDFLondon EGKKMadrid LEMDMiami KMIAReykjavik BIKFSan Francisco KSFOSao Paulo SBGRWashington D.C. KIADZurich LSZHAND FROM ALL OF THOSE CITIES BACK TO PARIS LFPO. Is this something someone can work up for me or help me to work up? I'd be so thankful.ZACH

Ok, so I'm having a conversation with myself here (hey at least it's intellectual :) ohhh!!!!), but in case you flightplanners might need to know what planes I've assigned to each route, here it is:My A330-200's fly to:San FranciscoSao PauloWashington D.C.My 767-200's fly to:CairoMiamiReykjavikand my A320-200's fly to:AmsterdamAthensBrusselsFrankfurtLondonMadridZurichOK! I hope I haven't forgotten anything this time. If you wanna give fuel info, that's wonder-freakin'-ful, but if not, it is sooo no big deal :) Please help,ZACH

Hi,Here are some of the requested routes. They are real AFR f/p, mainly from/to LFPG but easily usuable for LFPO as LFPO and LFPG share the same STAR entry/SID exit points.EHAM(FPL-AFR1140-IS-A319/+-?/?-LFPG0555-N0450F220 NURMO UN874 VEKIN UN873 FERDI UG110 DENUT DCT HSD DCT-EHAM0055-RMK/AF 1140)(FPL-AFR1141-IS-A319/M-?/?-EHAM0800-N0450F230 LEKKO UB31 WOODY UN872 DENOX UZ319 MOPIL DCT-LFPG0050-RMK/AF 1141)NB: City-pair level capping: Not above FL240EDDF(FPL-AFR121J-IS-A319/M-SRIWY/S-LFPG0500-N0450F230 NIPOR UH101 RANUX UN858 LUXIE UR110 RUWER R110 POBUDT180 EPINO EPINO4W-EDDF0105-RMK/AF 1218)(FPL-AFR1219-IS-A319/M-SRIWY/S-EDDF0715-N0450F220 KIR8F KIR G104 RUWER UN857 RAPOR-LFPG0100-RMK/AF 1219)NB: City-pair level capping: Not above FL230EBBRGenerated manually, RAD compliant:-A320/M-SRIWY/S-LFPO1200-N0400F180 NURMO A5 CMB Z373 ARVOL-EBBR0040 EBCI-A320/M-SRIWY/S-EBBR1330-N0395F170 CIV-LFPO0040 LFPGEGKKGenerated manually, RAD compliant:-A320/M-SRIWY/S-LFPO1200-N0450F240 OPALE UT425 ABUDA UT427 GUBAR UM733 GURLU-EGKK0045 EGLL-A320/M-SRIWY/S-EGKK1330-N0450F230 SFD UA56 SITET UA34 LGL-LFPO0050 LFPGNB: City-pair level capping: Not above FL240I'll post more later...Yohann, LFLL.

Merci beaucoup Yohann :)I'll await the others. Thanks again,ZACH

Ok, bit of a probleme. Ummm, I know that looks like a mix of intersections, airways, etc. I have FSBuild which I love, so how do I make use of what you gave me. I want to end up with a .PLN file for the FS2002 GPS and I usually input the waypoints like you gave me into FSbuild and make me a .PLN file, but when I put in the info you gave me and I press BUILD, it doesn't seem to find some nav info. I also tried Autogenerate which I think makes it's own waypoints ont he given airways, but then that completely defeats the purpose of you giving me the info, yeah? How do I get a PLN file from what you gave me? Anyone know?ZACH

First, try to update your FS Buid database: go to http://www.navdata.at/ and register if not already done.If not working then you need to get FSNav to build your f/p from raw text data like IFRs or even from scratch. Unfortunatly it's shareware, but you have 20 free trial FS sessions:http://www.fsnavigator.com/FSNav does have an export module to fs2002 GPS format (.PLN).I can sent you the zipped .PLN for the above f/p, but I need your e-mail address.Yohann, LFLL.

Yohann, I downloaded the FSBuild update and if it doesn't work then I would like for you to send me the flightplans of anything I listed that you can give me. Thank you, you are being so very helpful! My e-mail address is skankman@attbi.comZACH

OH MY GOSH! It's doing the same thing! I needed to update anyway, but it seems like FSBuild isn't ecognizing the airways and all the weird things like N0450F220. For one, I know the airways, like what those look like, but I have no idea what the N0450F220 type things are and it seems FSBuild doesn't either. I'll put in EHAM as my dest. for example and press build after I insert everything and it switches the dest. to like Rover Oak or something. Hmmm? I think you better just send me the .PLN files :)ZACH

>OH MY GOSH! It's doing the same thing! I needed to update anyway, but it seems like FSBuild >isn't ecognizing the airways and all the weird things like N0450F220. For one, I know the >airways, like what those look like, but I have no idea what the N0450F220 type things are >and it seems FSBuild doesn't either. N0450F240 I think is a reference to cruise speed and altitude.Since N0450F240 is not in the Navaid database Fsbuild correctly ignores it.>I'll put in EHAM as my dest. for example and press build after I >insert everything and it switches the dest. to like Rover Oak or >something. Hmmm? I think you better just send me >the .PLN files ZACHI'm not sure how you are inserting everything. Fsbuild builds from the 'Route' box if you enter the route properly in the route box it will build and export it in the right format.This worked fine for me, it found all the airways no problem.LFPO-OPALE-UT425-ABUDA-UT427-GUBAR-UM733-GURLU-EGKKRegards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Thanks Ernie. That was helpful. So I guess N0450 means 450 knots and F024 means 24,000 feet? Anywho, I got FSBuild to work so now I just need more flight plans :) Hey Yohann, SIDS and STARS aren't in those, are they? If not, that's completely fine. Do real pilots input their sids and starts into the flightplan or do they just let the tower/approach/departure vector them on in/out?ZACH

real pilots will always file a SID and a STAR (if available).this SID could be vectors though (e.g. at KJFK or KORD)

So what if their SID they filed isn't for the runway that the ground directs them to for departure? Do they have to scramble really quick to file a new SID and same for STARS or are landing and takeoff runways all predetermined and ATC follows the flightplan?

N450F240 OPALE UT425 ABUDA UT427 GUBAR UM733 GURLUshould be read:LFPO..OPALE.UT425.ABUDA.UT427.GUBAR.UM733.GURLU..EGKKN0450F240 Means: Cruise speed 450KT TAS, Cruise level FL240=24000ft.SID & STARS aren't in those, but only the SID terminating point (where you connect from SID to en-route structure), and the STAR first point. Here the SID last point is OPALE, so pick up an LFPO OPALE SID (OPALE7P, 7Q, 7S, 7T, 7V or 7X) depending on the runway configuration in use. Do the same for the arrival: choose one of the EGKK GURLU STARs available.Unlike in north-america, you don't have to publish used SIDs/STARs in your filed f/p in europe (except in Germany).I guess real pilot enter SID into their FMS f/p while receiving the startup clearance. Then they enter the STAR listening the desp aiport ATIS before beginning the descent. So the SID/STAR used don't interfere while the flight planning.Zach check your mail.Yohann.