Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Moving gauges on your panel

jerrycwo4Last week someone was trying to move that new Reality AC gauge around on his panel. I installed the same gauge last weekend and it ended up right in the middle of my Falcon 50 panel. I tried 'playing' with the numbers that placed it there but I never could get it to move. Has anyone figgured out how to change to 'gauge numbers' to move the gauge to another spot on the panel? Since then I have UNinstalled the gauge but would like to have it back in another spot on my Falcon 50 panel.jerry

The simplest solution would be to use something like CfgEdit, or FS Panel Studio, where you get a graphical representation of the panel, and can simply drag-and-drop/resize the gauge as you want.CfgEdit is free, but doesn't support the latest XML gauge types.

Guest Joe

Jerry,I've moved a few gauges manually...that is by changing coordinates in the panel cfg.gauge50=bendix_king_radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 834, 596, 184The first set of numbers (red) adjust horizontal and the second set of numbers (green) adjust vertical placement of the gauge. The third set of numbers (orange) and sometimes a fourth set determine it's size. The smaller the first two numbers, the closer the gauge will be to the upper left corner of the screen.If you change the numbers, the gauge should move. Remember, after you change and save the new coordinates, you have to re-load the aircraft you're working on to be able to see the changes. The easiest way to do this is to first load up a different aircraft and then to re-load the project aircraft.Clear as mud?

jerrycwo4Thanks for the trouble of giving the above good info. I'll give it a try again. Just in case I'd like that other program,FS Panel Studio, where you can 'drag and drop, where can I get it? Thanks again for your help. jerry

jerrycwo4Thanks for the info on the FS Panal Studio, I'm going to buy it on the CD version. It looks like it could be quite complicated, but mainly I just want to "add gauges" and "move gauges", so maybe I can handle it.

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Jerry,as for the Reality XP ATD gauge, make sure to first manually add it to your panel.cfg file, then you will be able to resize / move it with FS Panel Studio. If not, FS Panel Studio will simply tell you it can't load the gauge.The resolution of the ATD is 380x100 pixels. This means that if you were configuring it to be 160 pixels wide on your panel, you should set a 50 pixel height for maintening the 1:1 aspect ratio.As a final note, make sure to go to www.reality-xp.com in the tutorial section. The information provided here for editing the panel.cfg files will assist you for all what is needed to know for adding a gauge with the notepad.exe editor.Hope this helps!