Sign in to follow this  

Reading European SIDS and STARS

Can someone help me read this SID for example and then maybe I'll understand them all :) Here is the LGL7P SID for Paris Orly: D245D D247G D247M RBT D310N VMP What I can read is that it includes the Rambouillet RBT VOR, and VMP which I assume is a VOR or NDB but I can't find it anywhere in the FS2002 map. Anywho, I have a few questions:1) I found this at the IVAO and they're all cool and all, but if this was a L'Aigle SID, shouldn't the last waypoint of this SID be LGL?2) I have no idea what all the D245D, D247G/M mess is. The best I can make out of this is that it's a heading of some sort, but then what are the D's and G's and M's for? Some in other sids have like C's and stuff. The first waypoint or whatever it is the DORD7V departure is D086C. Now what the crap is that?! If those are headings, cool, but what do the letters mean????? Thanks to whoever helps me ...love ya,ZACH

1. VMP=LGL, VMP was a intersection published temporary to replace LGL vor (same coordinates). But since AIRAC 0203 or 0204 the only designator for L'aigle is LGL.You'll encouter the same thing for Dijon: DIJ is the vor, DJL the overlaid isec currently used.2. D245D, D247G... are fixes that you can enter to your FMC to ease SID/STARS programmation. They are referring to a VOR: Ex D247G: D is a designator, 247 the radial, G the distance (A=1 nm, B=2nm, G=7nm). Here D247G is defined by OL (Orly) Vor, radial 247, DME reading 7nm.Yohann.

Wow Yohann, are you a genius or something dude? You've ALWAY got the answers :) Ok, I get it except one thing. How do you know what the VOR the D is referring to? Is the VOR for whatever airport you are departing and the VOR before the next one in the flightplan? So if it shows a VOR and then a Dwhatever after that, then the D is for the previous VOR?ZACH

And Yoahnn, you forgot to answer me in one of the other posts. I asked before if you have ever been to Poitiers, seeing that you live in France and all. I just wanted to ask you a few questions about the place. I want to spend a little time there also known as a life :)ZACH

Freakin' problem again...I swear I'm done asking questions after this! I bet your ears are bleeding :) Or fingers? Whatever...anyway, I'm not sure what the PO250, PO252 type things are. I assume that PO is an Orly VOR, BUT then again it doesn't have a letter after it, so how can I be sure when to go from the 250 radial tot he 252 radial?ZACH

This is the NURMO 7P departure just in case...:)ZACH

You have to got the maps to see which vor the D-fix are referring to.In that case: D245D, D247G and D247M refer to OL vor, while D310N refers to RBT vor.Concerning the NURMO departure, it's a RNAV departure: defined by RNAV fixes such as PO250, PO252... No more reference to any vor. Just enter your fixes in your FMC and fly-by...For non RNAV aircraft ATC provides vectoring to the final fix (NURMO).Never been to Poitiers, but I've heard about the "Futuroscope" next to Poitiers: it's said to be very impressive, a must see.Yohann.

I spent like two hours there on the way to Paris and I decided then that I wanted to live there. I absolutely think it's the most charming place anyone could ever go. Like the place in Chocolat the movie :)ZACH