Sign in to follow this  

A319 range

Any of you chaps know if its possible for an A319 to do a transatlantic? In theory, the range would just about allow it. And does anyone have a flight plan?!ThanksDave T

I'd like to know the answer as well.Also another thing that I've been wondering about.Suppose an American airline ordered the A319/A320/A321? If the aircraft is made in Europe, how will they deliver it to the American airline??

>If the aircraft is made in Europe, how will they deliver it to >the American airline?? Just ferry it via Reykjavik (or via Gander or Greenland)...There's hundreds of B737 here in europe, builded by boeing in US !Yohann, LFLL.

But could the A319 make it in a single hop? Anyone?? Would a professional flight planning tool let you plan it?Dave

I can remember that someone (philfpg ?) posted a EGLL-KJFK f/p for a A319 with no payload... So yes, it's possible, but you'll loose money...The A319CJ (Corporate Jetliner) claims to have a 6300NM range with additional fuel tanks:http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=30Yohann.

Thanks Yohann,I did a search and could not find the plan you mention. And what happened to PhilFpg anyway???Dave

>I can remember that someone (philfpg ?) posted a EGLL-KJFK >f/p for a A319 with no payload... So yes, it's possible, but >you'll loose money... For sure... and you could get also a bill on the other hand... Standard A319 are not qualified for ETOPS ops. There are some special routes on the North Atlantic, used for no-ETOPS aircraft.As noted before there is a continuous flow of such a traffic, i.e. aircraft built in the Usa delivered in other continents and viceversa.And this is not only for liners - do you ever wonder how the piston Cessnas, Mooneys, etc come to Europe or our ATRs go to the Americas, without to say the regional Embraers from Brasil?All the best.

Guest tocart

Dave,In relation to aircraft deliveries from Europe to the US, I've put the question to Airbus operations in Toulouse; When delivering 319's or 320's they allways send them via Keflavik. Cheers

Guest Mark McG

Daimler Chrysler use a A319 Corporate Jet to shuttle company execs between Germany (Munich?) and Detroit.Mark

Guest FlyerNL

>Daimler Chrysler use a A319 Corporate Jet to shuttle company >execs between Germany (Munich?) and Detroit. >>Mark Only A319 in the world with ETOPS... At least there is 1...

Frontier Airlines are taking delivery of A-319's. They route through Keflavik, then KBOS, to DEN.Bruce.

Pete Pitman has uploaded some real-world flightplans for the PSS Airbus. Among them is the weekly DaimlerChrysler flight from Stuttgart to Detroit (EDDS-KPTK) as well as an Air Canada delivery flight from Hamburg-Finkenwerder to Iqaluit (it may have been an A320, though).Cheers,Gosta

I actually just asked this question in the PSS forum and got a good answer with the routing, which is basically Hamburg, Keflavik, Boston, US dest.Also I do know theres an A319 company plane that Daimler Chrysler flies from KDTW to Stuttgart 4 times a week. ERic

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg