Sign in to follow this  
ckukmale

Pretend to be a Geforce FX...but Slower ..hehehe

Just noticed a new version of A Tuner on Guru 3D which with the latest Nvidia drivers will let you with your geforce 3 and 4 card I think enable the 6xS and 8XS anti aliasing in games which the Geforce FX will have.The only problem is that it makes FS2002 run alot slower, my frame rates went down alot at 8XS but you can notice a difference, not a huge one but there is one, but it might be handy for people who take screenshots and who just want to try and have the best image quality for taking a screen grab.www.guru3d.com is where the utility can be found.Craig Kiltie

Antisotropic texturing is a FPS killer.That's why i just use texture sharping.It has the same concept as antisotropic texturing with out the huge memory use :) Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpghttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Well my PC slowed down alot ..Id hate to think what it would have been like if I was at my AI filled airports of LHR or LAX. Would have been back to the dark days of playing 3d type games on a Commodore Amiga 500..about a frame a second.Is great for screenies though and Im betting that the Geforce FX card will eat antialiasing and Antiosoptric filtering for breakfast, lunch and dinner ..hehehe