Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeff S KDTW

FSD purchase....

Guest dek

Anyone know if I can use an FSD product on my home computer if I pay for it using a computer in my lab? I don't want it to install on the lab computer.The download time here is 10x faster than my modem at home. Thanx, dek

dek,An easy solution is to download the installation file at the lab and then copy that installation file onto a zip disk or a cd and install it at home. (Your home computer does need an internet connection to receive the confirmation "key" but that downloadable is pretty small--easy over a telephone modem.)Works a charm--if you can physically carry the files home.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest dek

Thanks Mike, I was hoping I could do that!dek

You can also get put the keyfile on a floppy and take that home as well. Won't tell you what else you can do, as that might reveal a serious potential flaw in the ESD system that could enable piracy...

Yes you can. With FSD you can use it on as many computers as you wish.

Guest Jeff S KDTW

Download the large file at the lab, take it home, and run the exe. That will bring up the installation/purchasing screen where you enter you CC information. It will need to briefly access the internet to process it, but this way your entire transaction will be started and finished on your home computer.If you run into a problem, by all means post your question in their support forum. You will get very quick response from them. :-)http://www.fsd-international.com/cgi-bin/d...&conf=DCConfID1Regards,http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jsnyder99/sigs/name.jpg

Provided that you're the purchaser, of course. I've got four developmental PC's with different OS's ... I'm hardly unique in that regard.There's a balance to be struck between discouraging piracy and facilitating legitimate usage and I do not think that solution will be found by going to extremes like machine binding or product activation. Best,

Provided that you're the purchaser, of course. Absolutly! I have to say that FSD is great in this regard. I lost my last PC completely, just wouldn't boot up, recovery disks, trying to boot from disk, nothing worked. Got a new pc and was able to install my FSD planes without hassle.If the same thing happened now with my Captain Sim 727, I'd probably be screwed.