Sign in to follow this  

Some concerns about upcoming Flight1 DC9...

Paul,That might be and I certainly hope so for my own sake (and perhaps other hardcore simmers here ;-)) To me, the term pops up the most with combat sims. Falcon 4 is considered by most to be a serious "study sim" while Janes USAF was released as an "entertainment title" - although I never found the latter to be entertaining in the least! I suppose the true moral here is that both companies are out of business! ;-)Paul, I should have mentioned your excellent DC9 panels in my original post. I used them a lot for quite awhile but I'm now hooked on the virtual cockpit, which makes the Flight1 product intriguing.David

Hi David,Thanks you for your interest in the DC9!Since I seem to be quoted on this thread, I think I had better have the chance to say clarify my position. And I never said the title was "dumbed done for the masses" Entertainment title does not mean "cut rate" cheap scab job.Microsofts Flight Simulator 2002 is an entertainment title. Yes, we are all passionate about the sim and dont like that term and many of us have the ability to create add-ons with much more realism and features than the default MS title.But an entertainment title it is. The original fellow that my thread addressed asked a valid question. Actually, several of them over the course of several weeks. My response is to let him know we are not creating a level D sim. The purpose of the Iron Knuckles series is not to build a real DC9 level D simulator. Niether are we trying to outclass or compete with anyone including Dreamfleet. But the Iron Knuckles DC9 is no shabby scab job either. I would hope that anyone that knows me would know that I dont produce that kind of product and niether does Steve Small, Tim Dickens or Terry Gaff.If you are looking for a level D sim, than avoid this. If you are looking for a very good and reasonable representation of the DC9 on the Flight Simualtor FS2002 platform, than my bet is that you will want this title. it is a great value for $24.95However now when you here me say the words entertainment title hopefully you will know what I mean and I appologize for not being a bit clearer. Now for another matter....When you here me say "cockpit familiarization tool" like the Meridian... You better hang on to your hat. because you are not ready for this one nor have you seen anything like it for FS. Regards,Jim Rhoads

Jim,I'm sure I will find the DC9 entertaining and I hope challenging. I am DEFINITELY looking forward to the Meridian however. My brother flies its cheap cousin, a Malibu Mirage.David

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) Should you decide to offer a $300 megapro version of the DC9 at some point in the future, count me in! I really don't think I would be the only one in line (...)"Draw a number! I've got #1 (grin)!Jaap Verduijn.

...but a Malibu Mirage isn't cheap by GA standards! :-lolI hope all the goodies being pre-released are a signal that the DC-9 will be released within the week... That would really make my Thanksgiving!