Sign in to follow this  

Transatlantic Flights

Boston ARTCC is please to announce a new feature for transaltantic flights to and from Boston involving the following European cities > EGBB/Birmingham, EGCC/Manchester, EGKK/Gatwick, EGLL/Heathrow, EGPF/Glasgow, EGPH/Edinburgh, EGSS/Stansted, LGAV Athens < for PIC767 users. Boston has joined with NY in making Transatlantic travel easier than ever with a new flightplanner that allows you to choose from a drop-down list of routes, NATs and charts. The new system is in beta, hence we only have a few cities involved and the planner only generates a PIC767 plan for your selected route at this time. Flying out of Boston go to > http://www.bostonartcc.net/fps/bos_pref.htm and go to the North Atlantic Route Planner in Red Flying into Boston from the cities listed above, go to > http://www.bostonartcc.net/fps/bos_arr.htm and go to the North Atlantic Route Planner in red When the new page opens, select BOSTON from the dropdown list at the top...make your selections...save your PIC767 plan...print off your charts...file your plan with VATSIM right there...and fly. We've taken the mystery out of the trip across the pond! Selecting the real world NATs option also allows FSMETEO users to get their routes commensurate with the most favorable winds for the crossing. See you in the air! GD/Boston Chief

Hi,this is a nice and welcome feature.I've tried it following your directions, but I always get the same message at step 3:"No available options for this track", and of course I get no routing to/from the track.What's going wrong?All the best.

Dino-We have to work our way backward from the Step 3 where you run into a problem as I don't have that problem and can't recreate it.Tell me what you are doing in Steps 1 & 2, that leads to the error message in Step 3.Gene>Hi, >>this is a nice and welcome feature. >>I've tried it following your directions, but I always get >the same message at step 3: >"No available options for this track", and of course I get >no routing to/from the track. >>What's going wrong? >>All the best.

I find if you try to use a route to a Nat which is too far away from the destination, it will return this error... Try routing through another NAT perhaps. For instance, I find Nat A is too far north for routing into New York JFK and EWR etc. and likley D and E would be too far South for routes into Boston etc.