Sign in to follow this  
jd

ATC FOR FS2002?

People, does anyone know of a good ATC genarator for FS 2002, I use good old Proflight and for me its the most realistic. The default one in FS is shall we say a bit naff with only one voice set fot the entire planet and if you do not answer the controllers they just kick out your flight plan, not that good when your on long haul and need to go do something else for a few hours.So apart from Radar Contact which I think is an online ATC program are there any others with all the good things that Proflight had? is anyone developing a good ATC. Just thought I would ask.Good LandingsRB211

>So apart from Radar Contact which I think is an online ATC >program http://www.jdtllc.com/CheersJOhn

Guest abent

RB211, Can you describe ProFlight for me? I have pretty much resolved to buy RadarContact because I have tried the RC v.2.2 samples and they are great. So, v.3 ought to be fantastic. I am, however interested in ProFlight and its capabilities. Could you respond with yes or no to the following?:Does ProFlight model:1) holding patterns/delay vectors2) deviations for weather3) request changes in altitude4) step climbs5) step descents6) changing squawk codes7) AI traffic (I'm guessing that it doesn't as I think it was created before FS2K2)8) ATC chatter9) vectors for traffic10) different voice setsThanks a lot RB211. Feel free to tell me what it is you like about ProFlight.Thanks again,Adam

Guest jase439

PF is an OK product, but I found it to be rather buggy and nowhere near as robust as Radar Contact (and that was the OLD version of Radar Contact). Many of the items in your list are not supported, or have only rudimentary support in PF. Plus PF just does some silly things - like playing international 747 chatter (enroute to Beijing, no less) on unicom frequencies at non-terminal airports w/ 3000' strips ;-) I found the vectoring logic to be pretty unsophisticated also. I had problems with it crashing frequently as well. I did the rounds with the developers for a while, but eventually became bored and ditched the product. The only thing PF had going for it over RC was a better user interface (albeit buggy) - but I understand RC has been rewritten from the ground up...so I can't comment on the new RCv3 UI.The difference between RC and PF, for me, was like night and day. Full Motion Level D sim vs Toy Airplane.Your mileage may vary.J

Well by far the one to buy is Radar Contact v3. I have had it for about three days now and it is as good as it gets for ATC.Please read the manual..(Which you can download from the website)I think after reading it you will want to buy RC 3Eddie

Jase,Thanks for answering the above, i tend to agree that PF is buggy and as i believe is written in old code. Could you enlighten me as to RC i am not familar with this product and foolishly thought it was an online ATC program. Does RC have different voice sets for each country as PF did? and can you warp/jump to different stages of the flight so you can shorten the cruise. I use to set my flight off from EGLL to KBOS and once settled in the cruise would normally let the pc run and go back later. Would like to know how good this RC is, if its better than PF I am ready to purchase.Many ThanksRB211

Hi Eddie,You've had yours for 3 days now. Lucky fellow :), I ordered mine yesterday at the previously registerd user's address, but they don't ship till the 30th Nov, then it could be 2-4 weeks before it arrives. After having RC V2.2 for FS2002 and Proflight for FS2000, i,m quite eargerly awaiting the new version of RC. Specially seeing's as it works with the AI Traffic. So Its Radar Contact all the way for me. Excellent ATC Program.Bests Shaun :)

Shaun,I never used 2.2 but was looking at it for some time. I e-mail Doug and asked him should I buy 2.2 then upgrade to 3.0. He told me as much as he would like to have my money, that I should wait until 3.0Now this tells you what type of class act the RC team is.Then jd was having a meeting here in Atl, GA last Saturday.So I went just to talk to him about the program and to meet him.Well he had copies of RC 3 and let the few that was there have them.He did this so he could test the payment system before he offered it the the current users of 2.2... Again this shows what type of CLASS ACT the team is...!(Can you tell I am happy with RC3?)LOLAnyway any body that wants the best ATC while flying then go and order RC-3...Later!Eddie

>Does RC have >different voice sets for each country as PF did?RC has a number of pilot/controller voices but I don't think they are country specific. I believe it does have country specific chatter.>and can you >warp/jump to different stages of the flight so you can >shorten the cruise.You can't skip waypoints, but you can turn the plane over to your RC co-pilot and go take a nap. You can also tell RC to pause your flight at X number of miles from your destination airport; that way you don't have to worry about getting back to your pc in time for the approach and landing phase of the flight. You can also save a flight at any point, exit RC and FS, and resume your flight at a later time.Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]Horizon Pilot--flight plans and scenery for FS2002http://sidneyschwartz.homestead.com/index.html

we all know there is two sides to a coin, and there is hell of a lot of praise with RC V3 but anyone have the guts to tell us consumers what is not included in this software? i mean what will be improved on in future versions? or what weaknesses are in the current V3 releasethx

i think i can :-lolvfr is not in version 3. may not be in version 4. the beta team and i are talking about it. some feel strongly that we need it. others say we don't. if we do it, we will do it right, for sure.everytime i ask my partner, doug (the air traffic controller at memphis) what we are going to put in version 4, he pulls out this folder in his desk. paraphrasing now, "there is so much more we can do". at that point i get scared, and stop asking the question ;-)if you want to know what we have, compared to our version 2.x and ms atc, go here http://www.jdtllc.com/getting_started.htm#RC%20Comparisonwhat are our weaknesses? look at the list above. what are we missing?

Guest Stamatis

"You can't skip waypoints, "I believe in version 2.2 we could ask for a "Direct" to a waypoint of our choice down the cleared route, and we always got the OK from the Controller. Can't you do the same in v3?Stamatis

sure can, but you still have to fly it. you can't physically jump from checkpoint to checkpoint

Might I be so bold to suggest VATSIM!!!:-bigangel