Sign in to follow this  
jd

ATC FOR FS2002?

Guest Tim13

"1. It doesn't know the name of my airport.....Kennedy. "Well, you can't expect it to be able to identify by name every little cow pasture that gets mowed and used as an airport. :-lol Tim13

Guest Stamatis

"One thing I'm having trouble figuring out is why FS ATC sometimes recognizes my plane and sometimes it doesn't. Usually when RC clears me onto the runway, any ai aircraft waiting in line behind me will be instructed by FS ATC to hold short until I'm off. The last time, though, I taxied into position and the FS ATC cleared the guy behind me to take off at the same time. Weird."Sid,What I think happened is the following:FSATC does not expect you to depart to begin with, because you have not been in contact with it at all. FSATC, before clearing a departing aircraft for Takeoff, checks the runway for other aircraft, and then gives the clearance, or instructs a "hold short".In the specific occasion you describe above, my guess is that you moved on to the runway exactly after FSATC completed the "runway empty" check, and just before it issued the Takeoff clearance to the waiting aircraft.Stamatis

Hi All,After reading all the posts regarding Radar Contact, I was wondering if this is something that I can purchase at my local Software Retailer or is it only available online?Also, if they (Radar Contact) have a website, let me know what the URL is.Thanks!!!Fred

only onlinewww.jdtllc.comthe radar contact forum is right here at avsim. pop on over!

Guest RobA

Stamatis, I'm doing what you describe on occasion (testing purposes only ) and it works just fine. Might find your sim looking a bit fuzzy until the new textures load by doing this. ;-)Rob

Guest Stamatis

There you go, another hidden feature of RC :-)Stamatis