Sign in to follow this  
Michael_LOWW

DBR907 B757-200 AMS-PVR

Hi all!Having just seen that DutchBird is operating a B757-200 from Amsterdam (EHAM) to Puerto Vallarta (MMPR) this morning at 06:15, I wonder if someone of you happens to have access to the flightplan for this service. I have to admit that I had no idea that the maximum range of the B757-200 allows long range flights such as this one. Thank you very much for your comments!Best regards,Michael

Guest EGCC

Won't be non-stop I'm afraid. Even a 763 from the UK goes out via KSFB, and 752s of Icelandair stop in Minneapolis (I think).763s can make it back in one go with the jetstream, but I doubt a 752 could do that.

Hi MichealDutchbird makes a fuelstop at Halifax on flights to Puerto Vallarta and Cancun. I don't have the fp yet. I will try if I can make it later today.Jasper

Guest Koen

Hi Michael,According to my info (acars logs), DutchBird makes a fuel stop in Montreal (CYMX). I'm sorry I can't get the real world route for this flight, but here are two flightplans I made myself (with todays NATs)... :)DBR907 EHAM-CYMX B752/MN0473F300 BERGI UB5 ELDIN UL602 DOGGA UY70 OTR UL975 DESIG UL70 DEVOL UN546 MASIT/M080F330 NATC LOACH/N0462F350 NATC FOXXE N270B YBC J555 YQB V3 CATOG CATOG3NATC = MASIT DCT 56N020W 58N030W 58N040W 57N050W DCT LOACH DCT FOXXEDBR907 CYMX-MMPR B752/MN0471F310 CYMX3 YUL J566 MSS J594 YYZ J586 YXU J545 DJB J29 PXV/N0462F350 J131 LIT J101 EMG J29 KATLA UT1 TNY UJ37 PVR DCTKind regards,Koen

Hi Koen!Thank you very much for your advice and the flightplan! I could hardly imagine myself that the B757-200 would ever be able to make a flight of this distance.Best regards,Michael

Guest filfpg

hello all,it s a surprise for me but how all can say the 752 cant do that...!!!maybe it s non economical but i can prove a 752 CAN DO THAT and with a 7 T of payload...!!!so the company choose to do others but simmers can do thatit remember the discussion about a320 crossing the pond easily...!!!micheal check your personnal message here...!!!

Guest EGCC

"i can prove a 752 CAN DO THAT and with a 7 T of payload"I don't think anyone disputed that a 757 could do that route (with max fuel), simply that no airline would attempt it commercially (except of course on an empty ferry flight). It is not commercially viable by any stretch of the imagination, and DutchBird certainly don't do it on their run to PVR.7t payload is 92 passengers (each without a single piece of luggage)!! More like 75 passengers once you load the bags...I hear people saying all the time "An A320 can go transatlantic if it wants" but unless an airline can operate such a service viably what's the point? That's why most aircraft range figures are highly misleading.

Guest filfpg

hello,if you read above messages the questions about range but not the economic mind...my answer was to light this point and i can assure that some 757 operators (vip)and even with icao reserves we are below max fuel so take the flight easily it remember me malaga acapulco last summer with 1t of payload so to me 7 t is huge lol...!!!no for a commercial it s a non sense that s true but under sim where is the com point ? you can even take the concorde from paris to kjfk and burn 94 T with a small payload and in the reality they ll never gain any money from their concorde branches but "prestige" as no prices...???truly yoursphilps is a 744 or 767 both fully loaded earning more money on transatlantic crossing ???