Sign in to follow this  

APPEAL --- PLEASE Help these people SEE SENSE !!!!!!

Guest guyjr

What in the world does this have to do with MS Flight Sim?

exactly the same as 50% of the other posts here !Please understand this is simply a plea for help for a GOOD CAUSE in my opinion, and the opinion of many others ( as you can see Above ) If you dont want to help, Great, your choice Sir. but please dont try and belittle it. that's eexactly what the Lottery Guys appear to be doing:(-add flame here

Hi Graham,Thought I'd do my bit to help the cause of this fine aircraft. I live and work just a few miles from Woodford aerodrome in Cheshire and can still remember seeing half a dozen Vulcan's flying in formation over the base around 10-15 years ago. The sight was spine-tingling!I've written to the HLF voicing my concerns over their decision not to fund the restoration. Did you happen to notice today's news on the BBC that sales of Lotto tickets are down another 5%. No wonder when they use the money so unwisely!Good luck and I wish you every success!Regards,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Graham my dear chap, I dont want to seem negative but, if they did, would it do Mr. Blairs image any good ? Thats the crucial thing. See, if it looks good our Phony will back the project. We could slip Mr. Madson up one of the exhaust's for an internal..he'd like that and he was very good at wasting a couple of hundred trillion on that tent, you know ? the one he sold to one of his chums for errrrm a tenner ? (

THIS MAKES ME MAD!The Vulcan has major historic significance & not only that but it's also one of the greatest aircraft ever made.We are so lucky to have a chance to save one, I can't believe people are having to fight to save it.They also seem happy to let the last working Comet rot.I also worry that they will scrap all the VC-10s when the time comes.Lottery funding should be keeping all these great machines for us & future generations to see.Why do British governments treat British aircraft so badly?Could you imagine the Americans scrapping the last B52?E-mail on its way.David Maltby

David, Who cares, it's only history, it's only heritage, it's only a world beater, so what if it was the platform for Concorde. Thank God it was never used for it's true mission. The Vulcan is part of the reason we live in a free world today.We may be British in name, but thats about all today.GeorgePS, this is NOT meant to wind you up, I'll mention King Kev to do that.

Guest fleabag

As a last resort She May even be shipped out to the USA, Now, No Disrespect meant to our Cousin's across the Pond there but HEY .. SHE'S BRITISH HISTORY FOLKS !! We have the London Bridge, why not the Vulcan ;)

I love aviation. And I admire old aircraft. But I know how expensive it is to keep some old airplanes in flying condition. And assuming they would restore it - how often would it fly ? Probably very little. You can imagine how much a single hour of flight time would cost.I see nothing wrong with admiring this bomber in the museum as part of the static display. And if I want to see it in flight - I watch "Thunderball" - one of the best James Bond movies ever made.Michael J.[link:jdtllc.com]http://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Oh dear Micheal, You forget films are not real, they are make belive as was the model used in making the film.You are free today to watch James Bond partly because of the Vulcan. If you've never seen the real one fly, you've missed out, a sight and sound never to be forgot. To feel the ground shake as the engines are throttled up, a noise unique even today.To see this giant wing climb at 35+ degrees, straight ahead to 1000 feet, almost stalling then a 90 bank wing over, all at full power is a WOW factor 9, (the others here will confirm this) to see this great aeroplane put through it's dispaly routine than land in the most gracious and elegant of poses, is not only something to see but something that would stay in memory for ever. George

>>You forget films are not real, they are make belive as was >the model used in making the film. Well, in this film there is a good footage of real Vulcans at takeoff. Yes, the model was definitely used for the underwater scenes.Michael J.

LOL :DThats pretty cold Fleabag!!Edit: I just discoverd my web page has locked me out there fore no Sig, so I will forthwith sign my self as:Donald E. Donovan: :-roll

Hi Graham,I was incensed and bitterly disappointed to read the announcement on the front page of Avsim today. What follows is a copy of the e-mail I sent to Anthea earlier this evening:"VULCAN TO THE SKY I wish to add my thoughts in the hope that this will help towards persuading those in control of funding allocations to reconsider their current stance in the forthcoming appeal. Clearly you recognize the importance of this aircraft in the part it has played in British aviation history, so there is no need to dwell on that aspect. What does not seem to have been taken into consideration, however, is the part this phenomenal machine played in our lives during the years following active military service. For many years I have been a regular attender at the annual airshow held at RAF Leuchars in Scotland. The Vulcan was an awesome spectacle in every sense and filled each and every person who watched her display with a tremendous feeling of wonder and pride. Her absence from the airshow has left a yawning gap in our lives. While many of us continue to attend, the common thread of conversation heard voices our sense of profound loss because it is no longer there to renew that annual very special sense of excitement that so often eludes us these days. The Vulcan XH558 is a unique aircraft and for years we have all been looking forward eagerly to her return. You can imagine my disappointment on reading the announcement that the Heritage Lottery Fund would not be providing the

As a fundraiser by trade, I will humbly submit that there are better ways to spend time, money and energy. One the first thing you learn in fundraising is that just because someone has money doesn't mean they want to give it to you. They should not have been surprised by this outcome - the Lottery foundation does not support restoring aircraft to flight. It says so right in the article on the front page. The fact that they give money to other causes that appear frivolous is irrelevant. Those are causes the foundation has chosen to support.Very few foundations make exceptions to their guidelines for giving. There are much better ways to spend your fundraising time than chasing organizations that are not interested in your project. Your odds of getting a major gift from a qualified prospect is about 1 in 5. From a foundation where you are asking outside of their usual giving areas, it's probably more like 1 in 20 or 1 in 30. The second lesson you learn is to not put all of your eggs in one basket. First, very few funders ever bankroll the cost of an entire project. Second, since you will be rejected four out of five times an economy like the one we are experiencing, you had better be talking to a lot of people. Instead of spending much time on the appeal, this group should spend their time doing research on organizations and individuals who give money to projects like the Vulcan. I would start with the annual reports from the Imperial War Museum, the Smithsonian Institution, the Museum of Flight in Seattle and what used to be called the Confederate Air Force. Off the top of my head, I think these are probably the most active groups in historic aircraft restoration. Donors are listed in annual reports, sometimes even with the amounts of their gift. That would be a good start. My secondary list would come from the corporate foundations of the primary contractors for the aircraft (or their corporate decendants as AVRO doesn't exist as AVRO any more). Then, I would roll up my sleeves and get the annual reports from every air museum in the Western World and see who is making large gifts for aircraft restoration. The owner of Evergreen would be on my list as well, as he dropped a lot of coin shipping the Spruce Goose to Oregon a couple of years ago as the centerpiece of his air museum. Then, you make up a gift chart showing how you are going to get to your goal. The rule of thumb here is a lead gift of half the campaign amount (the Evergreen AVRO Vulcan Restoration Project), with major gifts of approximately 10% to 15% of the lead gift making up most of the rest. Finally, you go to aicraft lovers and RAF Veterans who flew the birds everywhere and ask for $100 to finish the job. This "pyramid" actually helps you fundraise. A large number of donors looks good when you are going after money. The project is successful and fundable if a lot of folks have signed on. So,vent and scream and get your agression out. I know it feels good. I do it a lot myself. But then be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get to work. Don't waste your time writing to your MP. Help the group trying to restore the bird find donors by suggesting the names of people and foundations you know who support aircraft restoration. The whole "six degrees of separation" really works in a small comunity like aviation. You would be surprised the your friend of a friend might just be the angel you have been looking for. Fundraising is not easy. This is not the first worthwhile project not to recieve government money, and it won't be the last. Rejection is part of the game. Learn from it and move on. Now, where can I send my $50 to help the campaign? Colin WareWhat have you done today to promote the end of violence in the world?