Sign in to follow this  
Sidney Schwartz

What do think of My Traffic?

I'm thinking of purchasing this program. How do you all like it? Is it a frame rate killer or is it okay?Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I like it!Easy install - lots of heavy traffic around most major airports. No framerate killer (I run it at 50%, still enough traffic) .Daniel

I bought it before the first update was out and was disappointed. I was spending a lot of time getting my AI to work - finding planes, sorting through plans, working AFCAD radius, making overlays, etc. I thought MyTraffic would be the silver bullet to get me back to flying.Good points:- Extremely easy way of adding a lot of AI.- Uses FR friendly aircraft.- Very comprehensive list of airports and airlines supported (from a world perspective).- Good job at creating sufficient gates as required by included AI flights.Bad points:- Airlines appear where they shouldn't - AirFrance at KPDX?- Did not support the radius method (at least not correctly at the airports I frequent). This may have changed with the patches.- Is not based upon a real timetable of flights - it is based upon providing a certain level of traffic volume.- Does not include commuter aircraft specific to the airports I frequent (and this can be >50% of the total traffic!).- It is based upon ProjectAI which is freeware.- Still requires AFCAD manipulation for some scenery packages.Before I get flamed, let me say that MyTraffic is working diligently to produce patches which will help with the above. For the time I have gone back to my own custom AI package. Someday soon I will download the latest MyTraffic patch and see if the improvements are worth it. If all you want is to see a lot of aircraft and are don't take "as real as it gets" to a fault then MyTraffic will work very well for you. I'm probably tainted because my goal is to get a few specific airports 100% accurate and that is not what I found.

Hi Dennis,I have MyTraffic and the MyTraffic editor and I think your evaluation is basically accurate.>- Airlines appear where they shouldn't - AirFrance at KPDX? The editor allows you to exclude specific airlines from specific airports. Yes, you have to buy the editor seperately, but it's only $10. It also allows you to increase the incidence of specific airlines at specific airports in order to simulate hubs. The editor is also supposed to let you import flight plans in ttools format, but I found this process to be so convoluted and difficult that I gave up on it. I use AOM for that instead.>- Did not support the radius method (at least not correctly >at the airports I frequent). This may have changed with the >patches. I haven't read anything on the MyTraffic forum that indicates that this will change. They do use the radius method in a limited fashion, mainly to keep cargo, ga and commercial planes in their own areas.>- Is not based upon a real timetable of flights - it is >based upon providing a certain level of traffic volume. No offense, but I don't get the obsession with ai flights based on real timetables. What's the point?>- Does not include commuter aircraft specific to the >airports I frequent (and this can be >50% of the total >traffic!). That is a problem. Even using the editor to maximize the number of ga flights, I still couldn't get a satisfactory amount of ga traffic. I ended up taking the default ga flights and adding them to the MyTraffic flights. Much better results.>- It is based upon ProjectAI which is freeware. MyTraffic licenses the PAI planes, but that's all. In concept and operation it's very different than PAI. I spent a lot of time installing and configuring the PAI plans and aircraft and switched to MyTraffic. Not because PAI is no good, but because MyTraffic was just more what I was looking for.>If all you >want is to see a lot of aircraft and are don't take "as real >as it gets" to a fault then MyTraffic will work very well >for you.I think that sums it up nicely.>I'm probably tainted because my goal is to get a >few specific airports 100% accurate and that is not what I >found. I had done the same thing. Using FSSE, AFCAD and the PAI stuff, I had created a realistic representation of KPDX. Correct number of jetways in the correct places, the correct airlines (at least all that I could find ai aircraft for), and using the radius method having the airlines parking at the correct gates. It was pretty cool, but in the end I decided to trade off some accuracy for ease of use. :)Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]Horizon Pilot--flight plans and scenery for FS2002http://sidneyschwartz.homestead.com/index.html