Sign in to follow this  
pbenoit

The People vs CaptainSim

Well I thought this was over...but I guess it's not.On behalf of CaptainSim (note that they don't know about this or are endorsing it in anyway)...I am posting this on the main Microsoft FS forum and the CaptainSim support forum (I have a funny feeling it may get deleted off of the main forum).Most of you know of this whole CaptainSim 727 issue. The thing I think many of you DON'T KNOW, is the steps CaptainSim has taken to attempt and resolve the mistakes they made.In one example - a member of the CaptainSim team replied to a "request for refund" with the fact they would grant the refund, but didn't believe the request warranted "loyalty" so they would not sell to anyone again who wanted a refund. Many of you jumped on this single statement like a pack of vultures and posted the fact that this was horrible business practice. Fact is, it was ONE statement made at a heated moment!FACT: CaptainSim has since then stated that this is NOT their policy, and not only will they grant a refund if requested, they will be more than happy to do business with those individuals in the future.Conjecture: I guarantee none of the "Vultures" would even want to know about this. It's so much less sensational, and therefore becomes a product of disinterest. It also absolves them from a statement made by an individual who probably hadn't slept in 24 hours and was getting verbally beaten up by a pack of ravenous wolves. That person not only apologized, which takes character, but they have reversed it. Now we all make mistakes, and if anyone wants to dispute that, well...show me a human being who hasn't made a mistake, and I'll show you "The Second Coming", even though, I think some of you may believe you are just that. Another situation that came up is the not meeting the deadline after many preorders were taken. Well, I have flown the development version, and this is by far the biggest "button presser

I can forgive my spouse, or my child, for things said in a heated moment.But a business--an entity which should operate all the time by professional standards? I can't be so forgiving. In the destined to be deleted "other thread", there's another example of the same type business practice, which IMHO means nothing's been learned.I'm not a CaptainSim customer, but I deal with issues all the time which are similar. My wife is from Mexico, and you'd think in this "enlightened" age, people in businesses would look beyond that.We've walked into restaurants, and are seated in the worst locations in otherwise empty restaurants. We've walked into retail stores, and we see clerks go out of their way to avoid eye contact or acknowledging us. The issue: we're categorized, just as Captainsim categorized his customers requesting refunds. That is hard to let go when you are paying someone for a service.The time has come to hold businesses servicing our community to the highest standard, which means no compromises in the area of customer service.Just my thoughts....

Very good read. Nobody bothers to check their facts around here. I agree with you and thanks for saying it. I think I'm gonna switch over to racing sims for a while. Much better quality of people in the racing sim forums. They seem more interested in adding to everyone's enjoyment of the hobby. Unlike this place lately. Seems that the ole "I'm almightier than you or I'm smarter than you or I know everything and I'm right and you're wrong" attitude has taken over here.

Seems this quote...."I think I'm gonna switch over to racing sims for a while. Much better quality of people in the racing sim forums."And this quote: "Seems that the ole "I'm almightier than you or I'm smarter than you or I know everything and I'm right and you're wrong" attitude has taken over here."....contradict each other. Making judgements about the quality of the people in this forum is an " "I'm almightier than you or I'm smarter than you or I know everything and I'm right and you're wrong" attitude"Just MHO....

John; have a beer and chill a little. I am a custom of Captain Sim and their products are excellent and so is their customer service. No decent new flight sims lately makes for a grumpy bunch of people. Check out F1 2002 and Nascar 2002 and GPL. Just as good as doing barrel rolls in an F16 on the deck.

I like the beer and chill idea! :-beerchug For non-FS fun, I have Nascar 2000 and Nolimits Coaster sim.... Both are worthy entertainment, although Nolimits a bit more so since you can design your means of torture. Ole provides the best example of customer support I've ever seen.And don't forget the thinker's sim--Orbiter!-John

>Possibly the biggest issue...this copyguard registration >situation that has occurred. Well based on responses I have >seen from CaptainSim, it seems they are going to redo that >portion for the final release, which should alleviate most >(if not all) of the complaints. That

Yes, if you are correct, than I chose a bad example.I'm not at all surprised that's what got jumped on!Point was missed altogether.Sorry...my mistake!Jim

Guest Jalok

>The time has come to hold businesses servicing our community >to the highest standard, which means no compromises in the >area of customer service. 100% agreed. Also, they make use of the word "justice" to justify their copy protection scheme in detriment of legitimate customer usage. They call their products "professional" software, but when we demand a honest/fair customer service, and a professional customer service, they come with cheap sentimentalism, call us betrayers, make refunds difficult and threaten us with illegal/surreal blackmails, among other things. If they're not PR talented, the should hire someone who is. If they stablish a release date and earn money in advance, make the possible and the impossible to honour it. If all goes wrong, they should ask for a public apologise and automatically refund all people except those who expressed explicitly that don't mind waiting.

Jalok,You people are really scaring me. Your posting shows you completely missed the point!Jeeze!Jim

OK. Same answer here, too :-)>I'm not at all surprised that's what got jumped on!>Point was missed altogether.No. But I have responded to similar posts before and also do not agree with you (or only partially)>It takes being human to make a mistake.>It takes courage to admit that mistake.>It takes compassion to forgive that mistake.>It takes wisdom to learn and understand what really happened.Well, sounds good and I CAN agree to this BUT I think you are trying to make things sound a little too easy and simple and forgiving and pardonable.I can

I was very angry at the byzantine process of getting a "KEY" especially after many pleasant transactions with PSS and F1 and others. Having said that .. I got my key ... and ....you all have to be very careful not "to throw the baby out with the bath water" an old american saying goes ... I have yet to FLY the CS 727 because of "the no time" issue, but this software really is quite AWESOME, very detailed from what I have seen ... having read through the manual and pushed the buttons and thrown the switches, and generally looked around.Alexiy Frolow complexity .. and QUALITY ... well worth what I paid for it ... and I can't wait for a couple of hours to get off the ground.Just consider this:1. CS was late, admitted such and apologised AND2. offered a "Technical Release" to those "chomping at the bit" now tell me who has ever done that ... a VERY BOLD move, come on now admit it!!!.3. Silly activation scheme in the light of the many quick efficient schemes that are available ... but EXCELLENT point about PIRACY .. something which WE as a GROUP need to CONDEMN and do what we can to STOP4. so CS is learning how to do business ... I took 4 years of russian in college 30 years ago ... and these guys speak and write WAY BETTER ENGLIsH than I can understand Russian ... don;t forget this is an international business ... and English is very difficult especially all the colloquialisms and it is easy to misspeak or use a work incorrectly in these awful days of political correctness.My advice, step back and learn this marvelous aircraft which these CS guys and girls have really done well at producing ... the rest will be SORTED as time goes on ... and just think ... we are all helping with the beta .. even though we paid ... but still worth the money to me ,,, the final product will be very well worth the wait and money paid.I say congratulations and keep up the good work! and let's keep things in perspective.Cheers!!!