Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

To Captain Sim and fellow simmers

Been watching from the sidelines.My 2p's worth ( 50 cents worth etc )This is a great shame.Fact : Captain sim have produced professional software in the past. Fact : Captain Sim have slipped up with the marketing of their 727.I own their Mig 21. If the 727 turns out to be a good product, which I honestly think it will, then it will be worth buying. I will buy it. Not through any loyalty to Captain Sim but because on its own merits it is a good product I wish to own and enjoy.I eagerly look forward to the Starfighter even more then the 727.Captain Sim I think should learn a valuable lesson here.1) Don't bother with a pre order scheme. If it's good people will buy when it's ready.2) Release the software when your sure it's finished.3) Don't tell anyone you're about to release until a week before you do !!4) Stay away from public forums / Do not raise to the bait.They have always been professional and polite in my correspondance with them.What do you say guys ? How about giving them a second chance ? Remember : Forgive and forget / Let he who is without sin cast the first stone / Let bygones be bygones / 2 wrongs do not make a right etc etc .....Give 'em a second chance ....Then if the f### up a second time ...... Crucify the F###### !!!!!Seriously though..... Without groups like Captain Sim ..... Our hobby would be a sad place to be !Just my 2p's worthNick

Nick, you give good advice. I'm willing to give them a chance. I'll probably purchase the 727, but I'll give them a chance to sort it out a bit more...they will.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

>Give 'em a second chance ....Sounds good. In theory. I know nothing about Capt. Sim but it has been my experience over years that once a product is released that has serious shortcomings and the company is put on defensive - things never get rectified to users' original expectations. I know only of FLY! to FLY!2k transformation where this gap has been bridged. But everyone deserves a second chance.Michael J.[link:jdtllc.com]http://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Guest jase439

I think there were, at one time, many who were willing to give Captain Sim and his Regime latitude - even if grudgingly. All he needed to do was to own up, shut up, and take care of his customers. Had he just hunkered down, finished the bird, and put it out the door, much would have been forgiven. Instead, he opted (and continues to opt) to thumb his nose at those who are *justly* angered over his evasiveness and deceptive business practices - branding his customers as "traitors" for being angered over mistakes HE made. And then to embrace the practice of silencing by ignoring mail or snubbing posts by those who were even further angered! That's just over the top. In my opinion, CS has already had several at-bats on this. He struck out in spades (and continues swinging at empty air). I think many would be happy to see him back on the bench. I think this is all just a gross manifestation to the "rookie/business-novice" mindset of the CS team in the commercial flight-sim arena. There is no professionlism to be seen anywhere here, regrettably.Oh well...

Seems to me a lot of people have the Captain in their sites at the moment. Sure they maybe made a mistake or two, but as far as the models they offer, there is definatly no mistake there.Theres nothing wrong in wanting to share enthusiasm, it seems some get a little too excited and need to get back on the potty.In all thats been said, I have not seen one reference to the fact that English (that you and I sometimes arrogantly take for granted and expect the rest of the world to speak and understand as if the mother tounge) is NOT the Captains first language. I have a few friends from the Captains part of the world and believe me to translate into English from Russian can lead to phrases not quiet sounding the way WE expect, to the ignorant some will see the wording as antagonistic, arrogant so on so forth, this is not how it is meant, it's the translation. So boys and girls lesson over, how about you writing to Alex in Russian ? I'm sure you'll find him to be an exceptionaly nice chap as I did.Think first, speak later.George

Guest jase439

>Theres nothing wrong in wanting to share enthusiasm, it >seems some get a little too excited and need to get back on >the potty. :-lol Not sure if I agree with everything you've said here, but this sentiment is probably true. Nice metaphor - even if I am considered by some one who needs to "get back on the potty"