Sign in to follow this  
Guest Van

Ariane 737

Just wanted to know if the Ariane 737 is worth the money?How the framerates compared to the default 737 and the DF737?Any help would be appreciated.Thanks,Carl

Guest Van

Hi,The new Ariane GMAX 733 and 734 are well worth the money. They are a stunning visual model with excellent textures and I haven't noticed any frame rate hits at all. The only issue I had was with the FDE. I found many stability issues with the plane as did many people I have talked to, so I created my own FDE to try and smooth things out. I also created my FDE with the Dreamfleet panel in mind. So in affect, I created an all new Ariane FDE/Dreamfleet merge. I was lucky enough to have a real world 733 driver test my FDE and he said it was right on the money, so at least I know I'm going in the right direction in regards to my flight dynamics. I uploaded my FDE/merge of the Ariane 733 and 734 to Avsim yesterday if anyone is interested in trying them.Kindest Regards,Vanhttp://www.yeodesigns.com/signatures/yeode...nner-van2-1.jpg[/img][/url]

Carl,I have the plane and I think the frame rate is better then the DF 737.Although I will be glad when DF comes out with a GMax version of it.I do not use the default 737 as I have had the DF version when 2002 came out.Hope this helps!Eddie

CarlI must say I bought & downloaded the Ariane 737-300 the other day and I'm most impressed. The visual model is excellent and there is a merge for the Dreamfleet panel which seems alot better on frame rates than the original.A bit pricey for one a/c with one livery but worth it in my opinion.Best RegardsPaul Manton

First, the good news: Framerates are excellent. Far better than a comparable FSDS aircraft. Much of this is done through the magic of using photoreal textures--can go a long way towards reducing poly counts, if done well.The bad news: No Virtual cockpit.The worst news: A very restrictive repaint policy. All the major liveries have been grabbed by Ariane for payware releases. Want a new repaint? Expect to pay for it. That makes a $20.00 aircraft into a $60-70 dollar aircraft very fast. It's not worth it.Back to the good news: Most realistic dynamic wing views, rivaling static bitmaps in quality. But POSKY's new 747 is just as good, if not better. I'd swear I were flying in a real 747, given POSKY's work on the wing views. Back to the bad news: I've had my model over a month, and I've identified a few issues, such as flap pylon lights which don't vanish when the landing lights are off (this is a problem with the dynamic wing view only). Also, at night you can see city lights through the wings. Minor issues, but could be fixed with a quick model update. Nothing yet.To sum up: Ariane is slow to respond on their site. Unless something seems to have a profit associated with it, like a new series of repaints, it is rare to see activity from them. Originally, it was hinted that one livery a day would be released. It was also suggested that some freeware liveries would be released. Nothing yet.My suggestion: Wait a month or two. If you want wing views and photoreal textures, I believe several freeware designers will meet that challenge. Once people stop flocking over to Ariane, they may start marketing to the middle class vs. the elite....-John

Guest Toni Rauch

Ariane V. DreamfleetIt all depends on what type of 'pilot' you are.If you want to fly a really authentic panel with all the avionics, systems, FMC etc, together with free liveries (hundreds), go with Dreamfleet.If you want a 'pretty' 737 which flies badly (without other peoples' patches) and don't mind paying through the nose for it, go with 'Bobbo'.Toni.

Here you are again Toni, trying to find a way to knock the people who've purchased it, along with Ariane. That's what your posts do, every single time. Because your post suggests people who like it aren't good at gauging flight dynamics, or interested in authentic panels. I'll flip that--if you want an authentic view, consider the Ariane aircraft. I've sat in the cockpit of a military 737 at Travis, and yes...you can see the wing unless your head's in a neck brace and can't turn. Visually, I find it a better aircraft than Dreamfleet's. I find it better than any 737 in release visually. As for flight dynamics, with a tweak here or there, they are fine. I've never flown an aircraft that hasn't required some adjustment to my tastes and joystick response. Paying through the nose....for one livery, if someone is happy with that, it's an acceptable value. I qualify this by saying that this is true IF Ariane starts delivering some of the freeware liveries discussed, as well as the promised "livery" only repaint sets. That's why I suggested the buyer wait.But please Toni, don't talk at us like we have inferior tastes for purchasing this product. We just don't have YOUR tastes. You're walking a fine line between being a contributor, vs. turning into a troll.

Guest B52Drivr

John,Kudos! Great job, couldn't have done better myself. We wouldn't want ole Toni to turn into a forum Troll, now would we?Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com

Toni, okay, we have warned you. Your are obsessed with PT and Ariane and have ZERO, NADA, ZIP, objectivity as regards the man, the company or apparently any product they produce or will ever produce. This is it. No MORE. Everyone and their dog knows about PT, Ariane and your opinions of all. We will ban you from this forum if this forum (or any other on AVSIM) suffers one more post from you on the subject. That's about as clear as I can make it.

Guest Toni Rauch

GentlemenI'm sorry, but you seem to have totally missed my point here. I have no disrespect at all for those who have bought and enjoy the Ariane 737. As I've said before visually, it's very pretty and if Ariane decide to relax on their pricing or repaint policy (as suggested by John above), all the better. Despite what you may think Tom, I AM objective in my comments about the Ariane 737, especially when comparing it to the Dreamfleet plane, which is what this thread is all about.From an aesthetic viewpoint, with the options afforded by GMAX, the Dreamfleet plane comes second. But if you're into a more authentic 737 flight experience, I believe that the Dreamfleet package wins.I am NOT suggesting here that there's anything wrong with collecting aircraft primarily for their looks alone and value for money is indeed only definable on an individual basis.Like I said before, it all depends on what kind of 'pilot' you are.I'd offer the same comments comparing the two 737's irrespective of who produced them (and have done so in the past), and it has NOTHING to do with P.T etc.Sorry Tom, but on this occasion you're wrong. IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.And if this reply causes you to ban me, so be it.Toni

Guest Van

There really is no comparison between the DF734 and the new Ariane GMAX 733 and 734. The Df flight model was designed for FS2000. As far as a "real flight experience" How many of us really know what that even is?. I myself have never piloted a 737 or any real aircraft for that matter as I'm sure most simmers haven't either. What I think everyone looks for and expects is an all around pleasant flight simming experience. I try to collect or make all the various aspects of a particular aircaft to make my experience fun. When I look at a visual model I want something with as many features as I can get within FS2002 limitations. The same goes for the panel and at this point nothing touches the DF734 in that department. As far as the way the plane flies, that has everything to do with the FDE and to date I haven't been satisfied with one yet, thats why I decided a long time ago to learn how to create my own. It's all about personl preference for me.Regards,http://www.yeodesigns.com/signatures/yeode...nner-van2-1.jpg[/img][/url]

Guest B1900 Mech

I get flashing textures with the Ariane a/c, What would cause this?