Sign in to follow this  

VERY NICE job Mr. Sasala - NAVY Gulfstream IV-SP Carg

Guest Heather 636

I'm not usually much of a jet enthusiast myself, preferring the props, but THIS definitely looks like something I can have some fun with. I sure hope you're going to give me permission to repaint. ;)Again, nice job!Cheers!Heather

Thank You and re-paints are always welcome...Rick Sasala

Guest Milton

Rick,Looks great! Ahhh, the end of a long project feels good too!Very nice looking VC Rick. :-)Milton

Thank You Sir! And my kids are happy as well as they don't have to look at my back (sitting on comp) anymore...at least until tomorrow....Rick Sasala

Guest DanWalloch

Where can I d/l this wonder???? Will there be a passenger/bizjet model too?

I downloaded this and it is not bad, but in the spot views the textures are blurry. The only way I know to fix this is to zoom all the way in, then back out. But is there a perminate fix?Maybe I will delete it and keep my eyes out for a repaint version of it.

Guest eko

Haven't installed it yet... but could the blurries be because of 32 bit textures hogging memory? Or is it mipmaps (or lack thereof) that cause the problem?I don't know... I'm really asking. (Really, I AM!) :-)

Guest Heather 636

Wouldn't mind knowing what causes that myself. I have seen it on two repaints I have done of the MelJet 747 and the Dash-7. I too thought that it might be the 32-bit textures I generally use but also tried with DXT-3 and still got the same results.Mip-mapping. I have seen that term but have no idea what it is.Inquiring minds want to know.Cheers!Heather

Guest Heather 636

Right here at AVSIM DanGMAX NAVY Gulfstream IV-SP Cargo (C-20G)File Description:The Navy C-20G is an FAA certified Gulfstream IV aircraft that provides long range, medium airlift logistics support for Fleet Battle Groups. The Gulfstream IV is an all-weather, long-range, high speed aircraft powered by two Rolls-Royce Limited Tay MK611-8 turbofan engines equipped with thrust reversers. Features: Full animation using GMAX. Full Virtual Cockpit and Virtual Cabin with night lighting, Gauge Gacklighting, Thrust Reverser's, Passenger door, Cargo Door, Nose wheel steering, Spoilers, Nose Gear Taxi Lights and UnderWing Landing Lights, Changeable Tail Number, Reflections, Engine Smoke etc, etc. (CW) Filename: gulf_iv-spcargo.zip License: Check within download Added: 26th November 2002 Downloads: 11 Author: Rick Sasala Size: 1807kb Cheers!Heather

Guest SIX

There is more details on the blurries on Meljet.com's forum. I can't remember the post, but there aren't many so it won't take long to find it ;)It has to do with mip mapping and multi-texturing. Normally, you can turn multi-texturing off in your FS2k2 settings and it will be just fin. However, you will loose that "buff to a luster shine" look and feel. I have a geFroce Ti4600 and it only occurs rarely, so It don't bother me and it is also with only one A.C.-----------Wilson HinesChief CaptainBush Logistics Corp.http://heavylhc.comAOL IM: dal276wh

Guest Pabra

It should look fine when aircraft detail is set to max. But the all ai will also be at max which could be a framerate hit. I open the aircraft (gulf) texture folder with gmax and extract all mipmaps (fuselage.bmp or/and panel.bmp); then I close all mipmaps (9)without saving them (when asked) EXCEPT the first one (nr-0- =largest). This one I save and rename it to the original bmp name. Now the texture is sharp regardless of the detail settings. Just a tip :-). I already did the vc.

Guest Lizardo

I don't like jets..but I like THIS one :-) Very well done in all regards! I'm thinking one of the textures ought to be a BFU Executive Jet. Something drop-dead classy we can show up in on vacations :-)

Thank You all for the kind words! I too am having the blurrie problem with the main texture (this is the first I've seen of this), so I too am wondering what's up with this? I did use DXT3 with alpha and mip-maps. As for a passenger version...it's already in the works, give it a week or two...Rick Sasala

I've got a few G-5s already, although a G-Max bird is certainly welcome. Rick, one request. (well, maybe more than one.) How about doing the rest of the Gulfstream line? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the G-5 (and hopefully more Gulfstreams).

Guest eko

Ok Rick, since you used DXT3, then we know it isn't a big 32 bit image causing a slowdown.Have you tried placing the DXT3 textures without creating mip-maps? Maybe a test without mip-maps is in order.There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why this happens, as it does occur "occasionaly" on a very few planes.