Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

Suggestion...

I have been out of the sim arena for the last couple of months. I am getting back into the swing of things again this weekend and went looking to find out what the most popular additions to FS2002 have been made in recent months. I found the "What's Hot" lists to be of great value to me here. However, my experience would be even more improved if I could make slightly more sophisticated queries:1. Query by category2. Query by time frameFor instance, if I could have a "what's hot" list generated dynamically for the query: "Show me the top 100 FS2002 scenery downloads for the last 6 weeks".Cheers,J

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can do a "query by category" by going to the category in browse mode and selecting "Order by Download".Your requests are "doable" though -- the query-by-arbitrary-time is actually present, but hidden from public view :)Will look into these soon.Regards,--M

Yeah, I noticed that later - after I posted (and used it :). It would be cool to have a very open ended query system. Complex boolean expressions (and's, or's, not's, near's) would be nice also - maybe they're there already, but I haven't figured the syntax out. It seems like keyword searches are always "and"'ed.99% of the time, the simple searches are perfect...but every once in a while when you're looking for something very specific - especially with the library getting to be as large as it is - a rich query language can go a long way.Many thanks for your efforts,J

Advanced query language? Be careful what you wish for. :-)--M