Sign in to follow this  
Guest bones

My All-Inclusive Post For Today

CPU speed is more important than the video card. I won't buy the CaptainSim 727 'cause it only has three engines. The Memphis Belle is more worthy of financial support than the Vulcan (see www.memphisbelle.com - shameless advertisement.) Intel is better than AMD. You don't need a 128MB video card for anything. FS2000 still stutters. CFS3 needs a patch. Ralph Zimmerman's response makes for better reading than G.J's review. Why can't I download the Ariane 737? Microsoft doesn't do a very good job with flight dynamics. Most payware developers don't understand their customers. Most freeware developers don't understand copyright laws. Peter Tishma will have a booth at Oshkosh next year. I'm not ashamed of my hobby. And, finally, everything was better back in the days of Mike Marando and IUP. Trip

Hmm. Guess I don't need to read the rest of today's posts!>:-)

Guest B52Drivr

Dear Trip,Laughed my butt off . . . Thanks. Great Post!Clayton T.DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com

Guest Frank Betts

uhhh....well...hmmm...wow...i'm actually speechless...

Guest flightpro08

i think we have to recruit this lad for ANN (Avsim News Network) :(

Ahh,That is where it all started for me.... I remember downloading my first 777 by a startup freeware group call Project Freeware...Those were the days! :)Just a bunch of happy simmers, glad that they had something to download, and were amazed that other people willingly created all these things for free. Those days are gone, now it seems that all some people do is complain when a freeware designer's hard work doesn't meet our standards, only because someone else

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Yep. They were, indeed, the Good Ol' Days. No AVSIM forums to rant about, no FS.com library with pictures and a search engine, no payware, 14.4 modems (if you were lucky), and just a bunch of guys who really loved what they were doing. Sigh.....

Guest bones

Somewhere along the line someone made a few typo's in the rule book. Constructive criticism came out as destructive sarcasm.. :-outta