Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

Slightly off topic, BUT I could do with the help

Guest danowat

Hi All,I have just installed the latest Nvidia drivers (40.72) and I can't access the control panel.I keep getting the error in nvcpl.dll.Anyone help?.Thanks in advance.Dan.

DanI had this when running two monitors, had to switch back to one access the control then switch back to extending desktop on twoJohn

Guest danowat

Hi John,Thanks for the reply, but I only have one monitor.I have tried "Rolling back" the old driver and uninstalling the new one and putting the old one back but I still have this problem.Dan.

Same here Dan. I have had to go back to the 30.82 drivers.I understood that the later upload of the drivers on the Nvidia site addressed certain problems but obviously not this one.I looked on the Nvidia site for contact details to let them know but could find no email address :-(

Dan - You may be able to clear the error by getting into the Windows/System32 folder and deleting the file named nvrseng.dll . It's not clear why this works, but it seems to fix the problem on most systems with no adverse effect on the driver operation.Trip

Guest PaulL01

>Hi All, >>I have just installed the latest Nvidia drivers (40.72) and >I can't access the control panel. >>I keep getting the error in nvcpl.dll. >>Anyone help?. >>Thanks in advance. >>Dan. Dan, The problem is usualy the result of installing these drivers over 30.xx drivers.You can get the fix here:http://www.thecaretakers.net/detonatordestroyed.html#A

Paul,FYI I installed the 40.72 drivers over the 30.82 ones then ran det destroyer before installing the 40.72 and still got the 'cpl' error mentioned in my previous post.I'll try removing the registry entry mentioned and see if that fixes the error, unless someone else gets there before me :-)Thanks for the GF3 vs GF4 results, I feel better for having stayed with the GF3 :-hah , would be nice if you get chance to conclude your project with filtering comparisons.Rgds