Sign in to follow this  
KJConlon

Headset & Mic

About a year ago I sold my thustmaster f-16 stick and throttle. Got sick of the clutter, and their config routine as well as I just didn't use them as much anymore. Well now I want to get back into flight sims. I started with getting FS 2002 and a simple joystick I have used before the MS Precision 2. Its on the way. Anyway while I'm waiting I'm looking for recommendations/links for a good headset with mic. I have seen a few from the roger wilco website in the $20 range but I'd actually like to see if there's something a little sharper. Something that fits comfortably behind my head with a mouth piece. Something with not a big wiring clutter. That really annoyed me when I used to do this before in my Falcon 4 days. Anyone, recommendations would be great, please send links. Thanks!

I've been very happy with the Plantronics DSP monophone USB headset. www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/catalog/display_product_detail.jhtml?rootId=cat640035&prodId=prod440038&productTypeId=cat1430032I've configured Roger Wilco to play through the headset while all other Flight Sim sounds play through the speakers.It's a bit pricey at about $65 but worth it.Doug

What I did was to purchase a Computer Headphone Speaker Switch from Radio Shack (part 26-204)for about $14. It plugs into the mic and speaker ports of the soundcard. You plug the speakers, headset into this unit and there is a swith on the unit that lets you change between the speakers and headset. What I like is that this unit can accept the mini ear buds, the type that you would use with a cell phone (2.5mm). I use mu cell phone Jabra ear bud there. Sound is great.Here is a link to the switch [http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F003%5F020%5F000%5F000&product%5Fid=26%2D204]Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving All!Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Hi.I am using my Peltor that I use for my real flying, direct plug in, with SpeechBuddy2, a very flexible freeware utility found here at Avsim.Direct plug in, may or may not work in your system but it

I used my realworld David & Clark headset, specially while flying in VatSim, this is the top in realisim because is the same set I wear on the plane, but then I found the Plantronics headsets for computers, they are much lighter (not for real world flying) so I now use that, I've had no problems at all, they sound great, the mic has great resolution, they are also very light.Check the website at: http://www.plantronics.comHappy flying!Alex.

Guest Jalok

I have the Plantronics DSP-100 and I'm very very satisfied with it. I would recommend it to everyone who makes audio comm while flying VATSIM or any other sim network. Plantronics USB series main advantage from analog headsets is that it's a headset with its own digital converter, a separate audio device from the conventional audiocard. So we can talk through the Plantronics without having to hear people from the speakers, which should be reserved for ambience.>I've been very happy with the Plantronics DSP monophone USB >headset. >>www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/catalog/display_product_detail.jhtml?rootId=cat640035&prodId=prod440038&productTypeId=cat1430032 >>I've configured Roger Wilco to play through the headset >while all other Flight Sim sounds play through the speakers. >>It's a bit pricey at about $65 but worth it. >>Doug

>I have the Plantronics DSP-100 and I'm very very satisfied>with it. I would recommend it to everyone who makes audio comm>while flying VATSIM or any other sim network. Yes, I'm replying to an old message, but just in case you are still around (or anyone) can you tell me how long the cord is on the DSP-100?I'm wondering about the distance from the USB plug to the electronics "box", and then the distance from the electronics box to the headset itself.* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

You may want to check out edimensionals voice buddy 2 package. That is quite good stuff. I got the older package with the Plantronics A90. That is quite good with a good mic. Headphones are nothing special but then the sound stage in FS 2004 isn