Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jalok

Best Mesh US Scenery?

Guest Maul

Hello all,Just wondering if anyone has purchased some good mesh scenery out there for the good ole US of A. My question is, does it really look that much better? I mean no one likes to fly around and see the same repeating textures across the states, much less anywhere else right? Any way, if you have any suggestions or websites that I should look into for mesh scenery (primarily the US) please don't hesitate to post back!Thanks a bunch!MaulWho Wants To Fly The Big Jets In & Out Of Chicago O'Hare...I DO! :-wave

I think you're confusing mesh with landclass - landclass is what determines the textures you see, mesh is the lay of the land, elevation points that form mountains, hills, etc...Luckilly, FSGenesis.com has both - the USA landclass is nearly finished and Justin's 38m USA mesh CD's are second to none for making the landscape look like it does in real life.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Sorry to plug another website, but go to simviation.com and you should be able to find it pretty easy. The have a link that will direct you to a website that has terrain meshes for the entire Continental U.S. and I believe Alaska and Hawaii. This is where I got my terrain meshes, and the best part is they are free....

Guest Jalok

I've purchased the VMAX RealScene for the US in 3 CDs (http://simpilot.com/Realscene.htm), and I'm very satisfied with it. Regarding to the landclasses, I purchased the Burkhard landclasses for North America. Like it but I can't say anything about its authencity.>Hello all, >>Just wondering if anyone has purchased some good mesh >scenery out there for the good ole US of A. My question is, >does it really look that much better? I mean no one likes >to fly around and see the same repeating textures across the >states, much less anywhere else right? Any way, if you have >any suggestions or websites that I should look into for mesh >scenery (primarily the US) please don't hesitate to post >back! >>Thanks a bunch! >>Maul >>Who Wants To Fly The Big Jets In & Out Of Chicago O'Hare...I >DO! :-wave

Let me echo the FSGenesis recommendation. Justin is a stickler for accuracy and his mesh shows the extra work dedicated to getting things right.The US Landclass is now in Beta mode (and free) so you might take a look for a real upgrade. (http://www.fsgenesis.com/ )Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

>I've purchased the VMAX RealScene for the US in 3 CDs >(http://simpilot.com/Realscene.htm), and I'm very satisfied >with it. Regarding to the landclasses, I purchased the >Burkhard landclasses for North America. Like it but I can't >say anything about its authencity. >If it's as accurate as his landclass for the Benelux, it's quite good (and from all I hear the world outside Europe is better than that).Benelux region isn't perfect, but close enough that you can follow ICAO VFR charts. Every town and larger road is there (though even on my first look I found one major river to be missing, this might not be fixable in landclass, I believe it's missing in the default landclass too).

jerrycwo4 Regarding to the landclasses, I purchased the >Burkhard landclasses for North America. Where does one find this land class scenery