Sign in to follow this  

changing 2k2 flight videos to MPEG format

Is there anyone who knows how this is done. I am trying to make a short mpeg movie and need to convert and combine the FSR extension videos. Any help please e-mail me @ twva_fleetmgr@sbcglobal.net. Thanks!

Guest guyjr

The only thing I've read for sure on this topic involves the use of a video capture card. The basic idea is to set up the video out from the display adapter that FS2K2 is using, and plug it into a video capture card, either on the same machine, or a different one. Then run some software that will record from the capture card, and simultaneously playback a recorded video inside FS2K2.Sounds too convoluted for my tastes... perhaps MS will include a feature to do this in the next FS?

that is like reading chinese to me...i did not understand one thing..LOL!

Get the free capture software from here.http://www.atomixbuttons.com/vsc/Play the flight back at 25% of normal speed so the CamStudio has a chance to grab enought frames to make a smooth AVI. Use the 320X?? format and resize your FS so the scene you wish to capture fits in this smaller "box". All this based on my 1.2ghz tbird. Your mileage will vary/Purcahse from EBay an outdated version of Ulead "Video Studio" version 3.0 or greater to do the editing. KEEP your "CUTS" 10 seconds or shorter. No one wants to download a 8 meg avi file to watch a 747 take 45 seconds to get into the air. CUT CUT. Watch any TV and time the cuts and you will see what I mean. Watch MTV and you will certainly get the msg.You have everything needed. No video capture card required.Bobhttp://mtco.com/~rsam/fartslogo.jpg