Sign in to follow this  

The slowest computer ?

Guest Virtual_Tao

OK, just curious. How slow is your computer and how happy are you with it and FS. I have an Intel Celeron 533 Mhz, 191 Megs Ram and a Radeon VE (32 MB PCI). This is certainly not the slowest system by a long shot but not exactly cutting edge. For the most part I'm very happy with it. I get frame rates around 15 with most settings set somewhere in the middle. How slow are you? Thanks and Happy Holidays. Greg in KAVL

Guest lamont

One better:PII 400 with 512ram, voodoo3 card, win98se.This machine is just working its poor little heart out. I have it set for 12fps and sliders middle to lower with SB, RW and ServerInfo running.I'm somewhat happy but miss some of the eye candy available with the faster machines. I plan to upgrade first part of next year.

Just threw my 286 Zero Wait State out in the trash this summer. The 20mb harddrive finally blew up. Couldn't find any replacement parts. Spent $60 bucks at the computer shop trying to fix it. Just hated to throw away that 1 mb of ram and solid steel case though. It was a great machine. I sure miss it. Still got the 12" monochrome monitor. Just can't bring myself to throwing it in the trash quite yet.

Guest Virtual_Tao

Wow, you guys are slow. Just kidding. I just wanted to see what was out there. Thank god nobody's using a TI99 or Commodore 64. I hope to upgrade sometime soon to something seriously faster. On the other end of things, my wife and I are trying to get pregnant (no, it's just her that will be pregnant). Hopefully, if and when that happens, the new computer will be put on hold. Don't get me wrong, I want a new computer but my sweet, little 4 year old daughter needs a brother or sister. Thanks for replying. Peace and Love, Greg

Guest JonP01

If you had asked this question a week ago, I could have told you I was still running an Oki with (I think) a 2 Mhz Z80. I just put it out for recyling as I felt that it would have insufficient power to run FS.

Guest flightpro08
Guest kilo_sierra17

She does not bad for Flighsim, great for every other game I own, she will be replaced soon.Dell Dimenesion XPS T500Windows XP PRO with SP1PIII 500512 Mb Ram @ 100 MHZ80 GB HD 7200 RPM ATA 13313.6 GB HD 7200 RPM ATA 133Geforce 3 Ti 200 64 MB, Visiontek17" M780I get about 12-15 FPS, with the Project Airbus A320, reflections are enabled, no shadows.Kurt

Guest Delta_747

This PC is trash:Dell Dimension T600Pentium III 600Mhz128MB SDRAM PC100GeForce 2 MX400 64MB DDR13GB 7200RPM Hard Drive17" M780It will be replaced in January-Early Feb with this:Dell Dimension 8250Pentium 4 3.06Ghz512MB RDRAM PC1066GeForce FX120MB 7200RPM Hard Drive w/ 8MB CacheSound Blaster

Guest JonP01

Well let's hope the OEMs can get their hands on enough Geforce FX cards to fill orders such as yours very early in the year. I'll be very interested to hear how you go with that setup.Lucky the weather will still be cold in the US at the beginning of next year. I reckon these latest boxes will be dissipating quite substantial amounts of thermal energy!

Guest outtatimeiii

I got a 4.77MHz 8088 IBM XT still working flawlessly after 18 years. Im just a few days OLDER than that comp, and its still boots DOS 3.30 like a charm. And if someone really wants a history lesson, ill go into Win3.0 :) . It dont sit in a closet either, its well used. I sit back and use it for a few hours each week (cause its also running FS4 LOL). Im really surprised the 32MB MiniScribe HD hasnt failed yet (its amazing, it still has 0 bad sectors).My other slow computer is the K6-400. It features 192MB PC100 RAM, a piece of junk Voodoo Banshee 16MB, a blazing fast 5400RPM WD Caviar AC26400 6GB, and a far below par 17" monitor. This computer will crank out a blazing *700 3dmarks* from 3Dmark 2000! Such performance! Its so fast it cant even RUN 3dmark 2001! Ok ok, im being sarcastic. LOL Im not kidding, this computer is so pathetic. Glad im not running on it anymore LOL.

Guest freequest

Well im ahead of you there Greg my specs areP4 1.6Ghz512Mb 133Mhz memGeforce2 MX-400 64MB DDR ram (i know its slow but im saveing for a new one)OS Win2000 All my setting in FS are set to normal HIGH and my vid card is over clocked and tweaked with riva tuner to get the best graphics i can.My frame rate is locked at 20fps and stays there it does drop to 19 sometimes though.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest brewmaster

I have an old Amiga 500 in my closet. 512k later upgraded to 1 MB of Ram and no Hard Drive. Simply load the DOS off a floppy every time you start-up. Not sure what the processor speed was. I used to browse the web back when it was all in unix and no browsers. That machine had some impressive graphics abilities despite the specs. I can't bring myself to throw it away since it was my first computer. Amazing how far things have come so quick...Brewmaster

remember this screaming puppy, and the sales person telling you that it will be the last computer you will ever need.http://www.iarmst.demon.co.uk/images/machines/vc20.gifTHE COMMODORE VIC20Specifications:CPU 6502 @ 1MHz (8-| Slow down baby, your making me motion sick.ROM 20K :-eek RAM 5K (Externally expandable):-zhelpThis will get the fps up there. AUDIO 3 Channels :-scatter A little static but OK for now I guess.VIDEO 176 x 184 (138 x 184 with hi-res colour) - 8 colours :-ufo2 Thats about all you could do with graphics.STORAGE External tape or floppy drive. :-hang Its what happened when I tried to load FS2K2MISC :-sword This thing rocks with all this expansion.Joystick port User I/O port External expansion port IEEE Serial I/O porthttp://www3.telus.net/dport1/Radar_small.gifFS2K2 = The best add-on for RADAR CONTACT ver.3http://www3.telus.net/dport1/Radar_small.gifhttp://www3.telus.net/dport1/dansig.jpg