Sign in to follow this  

The slowest computer ?

Guest outtatimeiii

Hey I remember those... My friend gave me his broken C64 and I took it apart. I also took apart the 1541 floppy drive. I think I still have the box of parts somewhere LOL. Too bad I never used a C64, I got loads of C64 floppies and cant use them.I consider the old IBM PC line 'real' computers and the C64 and Trash-80 as kid's toys :) .

Try playing flight simulator on a ZX Spectrum emulator. I thought it was the mutt's nuts when it came out 17 odd years ago. Now it looks rather - hmm.

i got near an old craig-2 server a while ago....big as my sleepin-room :D

Hiya GuysI have a P3 866MHz, 256MB PC133 RAM, Aopen GeForce 2 MX 400 4x AGP with 64 mb of ram, 20GB Hard drive, 17" Samsung monitor, locked at 25fps and get 12-13fps since I installed DX 8.1 from DX8.0(Used to get 50fps) .. Going to hit the re-formatt next saturday. -Shane

Guest Milton

Well, I have you all beat!CompaQ Presario 350mhz, 384MB ram with a 32 meg PCI card. lolCan't afford to upgrade 'cause I build da freeware! lolDo you believe I built the Dash 7 on this POS?It was painful and frustrating, but I did it!Now, about that 1Ghz you are upgrading? Whatcha goin' ta do wid it?LOLKind RegardsMilton Shupe

Guest crashing_pilot

Whoa...well...that clear

I started with a Heathkit H8 with an 8080 processor and 64K (thats K not M) of memory running at 4Mhz. I ran a flightsim that was written in GWBasic and yes it did have graphics. Back then a 16K memory board was about 11 x 5 inches and cost $300.Now I'm using a Celeron 700 with 256M of memory and an ATI 32SDR vid card. FR set on 18 and most sliders midway or near max except ATC not activated. No blurries or stutters.DHC2 Beavers forever!

IBM 266 MHz PII with 64 meg ram and 2 meg vid card. The frame rate doesn't get much better than whats shown. not much good for fs2002.

I hope you get at least a serial ATA hard drive, or you may well end up wasting your CPU waiting for the disk :-)Oh, and one question : why don't you start with two monitors right away?Eric, envious....

Guest Philip Olson

Yup, I still have a Vic 20 and a Commodore 64 around here someplace. In my opinion you just can't beat the graphics of a Vic 20, much better than my GeForce TI4600! ;) I think thw only draw back is waiting for FS2002 to load, about 24 hours using the tape drive :-lol . If anyone is interested I will share my tweaks to achieve a 2 frames per minute frame rate from the Vic.Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!Philip