Sign in to follow this  
Guest CapnCol

Instant Replay Problem

Can anybody help me? I have been struggling with this problem for several months now. After I land one of the big jets in FS2002 and try to view my landing using the instant replay, the landing gear mysteriously retracts along with the flaps and the aircraft lands on invisible wheels. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? This is driving me crazy!! I have a Dell Dimension 8200 2.2 GHz P4 with 256k of RAM and an NVIDIA Geforce 3 Ti 500

Hi SkycapI have had the same problem for a loooong time too :-mad :-mad.I have discussed in another treat before, with another simmer who expierienced the same strange behaviour.I have a low-end system, he had a high-end system.We both only expierience the problem after longer flights, and especially with POSKY and other "computer-eating" jets.I have found a temporary "dummy-workaround" to the problem, until we get the final problem solution.When you approach your destination airport - lets say 20 NM out - save the flight - exit FS2002. Start FS2002 and choose the saved flight. Continue your flight - and your gear, flaps etc. moves on instant replay!!Let have this subject running until an expert come with a real solution.Try my advice and let me hear if it also works that way for you.Regards

thank you, I'll try it.. I know what you mean, some filght sim expert has to have a permanent solution for this...

Guest CapnCol

The only way I could figure out to see the replay properly was to run the instant replay just after the nose wheel touches the tarmac and ensure that you dont alter anything (brakes, rev thrust).This seems to work for me but if I forget and get to the end of the runway then the replay does not work properly.Colin

Hi CapncolDoes this problem occur with any types of plane or only with the POSKY etc. jets?What do you exavtly mean about that if you go all way to the Runway-end, the Instant Replay doesn't work properly?Regards

Guest CapnCol

Hi HenrikI experimented last night with the instant replay and found to my surprise that when using a Posky plane, the wheels and flaps retracted and the aircraft landed beautifully just above the runway, other aircraft were okay. Generally I have found that if I play the instant replay as soon as I touch down, the wheels do stay down. The longer I leave it, the more chance there is of the wheels and flaps retracting. To be honest I think it is a bit hit and miss, sometimes it will, sometimes it won't. Very frustrating.Colin