Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

Lennart Arvidsson textures

Just announced at fsnordic.net:L&P closes 27.11.02 / 19:10 UTC A totally unexpect happening today: Lennart Arvidsson from L&P Scenery has accounced that they will stop their scenery creation. This seems to be because of a single user comment at FS Nordic's discussion area's Swedish forum where a person had made a negative comment about their sceneries. After finding the comment, mr.Arvidsson simply stated that they will close down.The exactly similar situation was seen some time ago when a major flight sim site made a review of mr.Arvidsson's ground textures. The reviewer's comments lead to the closure of his texture production - and now the same issue with sceneries, all because of a critisism from one user.At certain other simulation forums a 'blaming finger' has been pointing to us, but we at FS Nordic have to remind that we cannot and do not take any responsibility of the message contents at our discussion area. Our moderators will naturally take the necessary actions to remove any messages in violation to the user license agreement, but in this case the postings have been part of normal discussion.

Haven't read the post, but it seems Lennart is getting a little hotheaded and can't take criticism.When he withdrew his textures he did so because someone didn't rate them higher than those of someone else... And now this?Sad to see someone leave who has made valuable contributions, but just as some consumers need to learn restraint and manners so do some creators.

Guest gasebah

Oh Lord,I will immediately tonight burn all my Lennart stuff (that I absolutely love) to a CD. The land textures as well as the scneries IMHO were/are outstanding. For me it is hard to understand either side of the story. I am having a hard time to understand users bashing freeware authors, but also a lot of the reactions of the developers to some comments of certain individuals are hard to get.Alex

Guest tascaso

I have a copy of his fine textures tucked away safely. OH well, I will keep on flying with his fine talent and without it! Such a shame being that sensitive.Tony

>>>>>I am having a hard time to understand users bashing freeware authors<<<

I guess we should stop praising the authors work, also. If an author cannot or will not reply to an e-mail, it goes public.

>>>> also. If an author cannot or will not reply to an e-mail, it goes public.<<<

Oy.... What a mess...I tried to read the offending post, but as was mentioned, it's in Swedish. As a freeware designer, I know that there will be some bad with the good. Most people are appreciative of my work, others will comment and criticise, and some will flat out be mean. You use the delete key on your e-mail and keep going. If I was to stop when I got my first bad review, I would never have designed past FS5. But I guess some of us use the criticism to work on improving our craft. Some of the poor reviews I got helped me to see things in a different light, and made me a better designer. If Lennart has difficulty taking criticism, then he is doing the right thing about getting out of the business. His contribution will be missed, but to be that sensitive is just a little overboard. Rob DieboldScenery Designer

Guest oyvindhansen

What the offending post said was that the scenery series by Lennart and Per of small swedish airfields are getting worse and worse by every release, and that the newest one didnt have round bends on the taxiways. That is a stupid thing to say, as these scenries are absolutely stunning, with custom ground and building textures, some of them actually rivalling some of Richard Goldstein's work, especially when we take into consideration that they are freeware.Check them out at this adress to reach your own conclusion, I especially recommend the newer ones, Kalmar and Kramfors:http://www.flightsim.no/file/FS2002_-_Scen...Europa/Sverige/I for one think it's a shame we won't be seeing any airports from these outstanding designers.- Oyvind

I have no doubt they are great (downloading them at the moment). Too bad these guys can't objectively judge their own work and be proud of of it irrespective of some isolated criticism. I can see from the website their work received rather high marks from majority.Michael J.[link:jdtllc.com]http://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Yup I really don't understand this kind of overreactive attitude - so some idiot posts something that the vast majority do not agree with and even though you know your product is good, you quit because of that one guy? That's insane - the idiots win by Lennart quiting. I've seen his stuff and it's unbelievably cool - he needs to brush the people who make these stupid comments off like the little pests they are and realize that 99% of people like what he's doing. That shouldn't even really an issue either - if HE likes it then why stop?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Edam

As has been said, this is not the first time that this has happened in this case, as most of you know. It's either 100% praise, or he quits. You can't blame the extremely few critics for that happening. Don't worry, he'll be back in a few months.

Guest jase439

Just another day in the soap opera of flight simming...*click*