Sign in to follow this  
Azapata87

FS2002 & Dolby Digital 5.1 + EAX 2.0 ?

Guest A386

Hi,just got my 5.1 Sound System (Audigy 2 + Megaworks 5.1) and wonder if FS2002 does support Dolby Digital 5.1 and EAX 2.0. Looks like it does not :(In UT2003 the sound is unbeliveable now, hope that will be able in FS, too.

Yes I too have wondered about the sound and wheter FS2002 could take advantage of some of these digital technologies. Hope someone in the know will post.BobG

Fs2002 does not support Dolby digital or DTS you might be able to get analog surround sound (dolby surround). The fs team would have had to make fs2002 capable of supporting 6 discrete channels in order to support DTS and dolby digital (both are multi channel formats) (actually 5 full range channels 1 that only has the lower range of sound). The reason I say you may be able to get Dolby surround is because Dolby surround uses 2 channels to make 5 channels. It may not sound realistic because the sound code for surround sound in fs2002 I dont think is there, so you may hear a prop sound in the rear speakers for no reason simply because Dolby surround plays any sound that has reverbration in the rear speakers. In other words you may be able to get semi realistic surround sound in fs2002 using Dolby surround but deffinetely not using Dolby digital as MS would have had to spend time with the sound code in fs2002 in order to implement dolby digital support.Andrew :-wavePs. I too would like to take advantage of Dolby digital in fs2002 but I think Ms has no plans to implement it in fs2002 because most people dont have 5.1 channel speaker systems for their computers and it would basically just be a waste of time to implement as it would be useless to most people.