Sign in to follow this  

NOTAM #3: Socata TB20GT - URGENT!

Thanksgiving Day, 2002 The Factory Aircraft Rebuilders Technology Systems team has released an "Unscheduled Service Release." NOTAM #3: This is an unscheduled Service Release to correct some defects in the original flight dynamics that have been reported by owner's of the early production models, such as too agressive counter-torque (veering to right), and runway 'stickiness.' This Service Release will now allow the pilot to choose between "Realistic" and "Sport" flight dynamics. We suggest that all owner's of affected models ground their aircraft until this Service Release has been applied.The Service Release is available now at:http://mtco.com/~rsam/FAQs.htmand will be available tomorrow morning at:http://avsim.com With over 12,000 d/l's from four known websites, we have a lot of people who need to know about this vital Service Release... ) Thanks, and Happy Holidays from the entire staff at F.A.R.T.S.

Guest DanWalloch

Thanks for the empliment of this "AD". I think I'll redownload it the airplane and give it another shot.

>Thanks for the empliment of this "AD". I think I'll >redownload it the airplane and give it another shot. You are welcome... A few people had reported that it was a bit, shall we say, "difficult to control..." :(Since we at F.A.R.T.S. are 100% committed to customer satisfaction, we worked through the Holiday and wee hours of the morning to provide this Service Release...(What? You deleted the file! Tsk, tsk, tsk) :)

Guest DanWalloch

Hey Bill, I've got a great idea for the next airplane......Cessna P210!

Edited for typos :-eek Please allow me to congragulate you and the team on a great product.This plane is growing upon me. Each time I fire up the simulator I find I must give the Socata a whirl. And--I find each time that I know a bit more about flying her. There is a learning curve here, but one well worth employing in my estimation.The implementation of the F16 type radar that shows the actual placement of the AI aircraft around you is astounding. I've used it to run a few interceptions, at first to see if it really was doing what it purported to show, it was. I was able to do perfect interceptions. :DThis unique panel is I think what keeps us coming back. You should see the virtual cockpit using the E-Dimensional 3D glasses. In sterographic holographic 3D, zoomed out to 75% on my 19" screen, this VC is stunning to say the least. Did I say brilliant? I meant to.I've just downloaded the new cfg file so will give it a try both ways. One thing I did do on the original cfg file is change the elevator effectivness to 1.000 from the 0.250 that was in the file originally. This kept the plane from balloning of the runway into a stall no matter how much down elevator I used.Again a very large THUMBS UP To you and your team. This is one of the most original offerings I have seen to date in the FS Simulator world whether freeware or payware.

>There is a learning curve here, but one well worth employing >in my estimation. Thank you. As I recall, the first thing one will read in the readme.txt is:"NOTE! This is a very advanced panel, with many custom features! Please read the [usage] instructions carefully, so you will avoid unpleasant surprises... :)">The implementation of the F16 type radar that shows the >actual placement of the AI aircraft around you is >astounding. I've used it to run a few interceptions, at >first to see if it really was doing what it purported to >show, it was. I was able to do perfect interceptions. :D That wonderful F16 Radar Gauge is the brilliant work of Eric Marciano, who graciously gave permission for us to include it in the Socata. Just for information, Shift-6 will bring up the same 'radar display' while in the VC view. Unfortunately the VC won't support vector graphic gauges, so the static map on the MFD is there just so there won't be a hole! :)>This unique panel is I think what keeps us coming back. You >should see the virtual cockpit using the E-Dimensional 3D >glasses. In sterographic holographic 3D, zoomed out to 75% >on my 19" screen, this VC is stunning to say the least. Did >I say brilliant? I meant to. I can only imagine what that might be like, as I've never tried the 3d glasses. But, I have an excellent imagination! :)Thanks for the kind words of encouragement; that's all the 'pay' freeware developers get... :)

I installed your "unscheduled service release" this morning and I think having an option to choose "Sport" or "Realistic" flight dynamics is simply brilliant on your part. I find myself immediately wishing that all the airplanes in FS2002 had this option. This project of yours is outstanding. Obviously so. I cannot thank you enough for what must have been one heck of a lot of super hard work coupled with a lot of research and inventive thinking. All the best holiday wishes to your entire crew,Bob, Rogers, Arkansas

>Again a very large THUMBS UP To you and your team. This is >one of the most original offerings I have seen to date in >the FS Simulator world whether freeware or payware. -.-. --.-No bio on QRZ? :) I hope that you like the new flight dynamics.73 de N4GIX

CQ back Fr Bill. RRRI should have a listing on QRZ, used to anyway. I'll go down and check if it has been lost I'll renew :) SK

>CQ back Fr Bill. RRR >>I should have a listing on QRZ, used to anyway. I'll go down >and check if it has been lost I'll renew :) SK Oh, the listing is there alright, just no 'biographical sketch...' :)-.-