Sign in to follow this  

FMC flight plans and the FS2002 ATC......

Is it possible to get the ATC in Fs2002 to work with the PSS FMC?I use the FS2002 flight planner to build a flight plan from one airport to another and then I enter the same flight plan into my FMC. But this is where ATC decide they would like me to travel at a different altitude and a slightly different route to my next intersect point. I don't mind following their vectors but they also excpect me to be at my cruize altitude almost immediately after takeoff, not as set in the FMC flight plan.Am I making sense here?

Are you specifying your desired altitude in the FS flight planner?Also, how are you entering the flightplan in the FMC? Are you importing it or entering the route manually? I've found that if you import, the first fix of the flightplan is sometimes left out. You'll have to go back and manually insert it in the LEGS page.I fly the PSS aircraft frequently with ATC and have never had any problems.Regards,Marc

Guest Van

I couldn't have answered the question better myself Marc. I too have found that in most cases the first waypoint is left out and needs to be manually inputed into the PSS fmc. Also the default MS atc doesn't seem to care if you may have a fully loaded heavy and that it takes time in some cases to get to your cruising altitude, they want you there asap. I know some add on atc programs allow for step climbing and hopefully the next addition of MSFS will allow for the same.Regards,Van Lhttp://www.yeodesigns.com/signatures/yeode...nner-van2-1.jpg[/img][/url]