Sign in to follow this  

To Peter Sidoli...'reply to your picture posts'

Guest bfindlay

Peter - in response to your 'VFR on top in a 152' posts!Here are a couple of shots taken from a bridge over a stream on short final to Skagway Alaska. Interesting airport to say the least! THis is a rare straight in approach, as the conditions were calm. Usually, the wind is stiff, and off the ocean, so pilots use a very tight, chop and drop right circuit to land on the opposing runway.I have some aerial shots I took while giving a flight seeing tour near Whitehorse a few weeks ago - will post them as well. Let me know what you think!

I'd love to see some site seeing shots ! What a nice looking place. I'm always taken aback by landscapes.George

HiThose shots look great :-) what a fantastic approach over the river.I know of a small airstrip being built in the mountain valleys in Italy on a river bed.The terrain is so rugged that the river is the only place to put it.I love creative photography and find that I only use maybe 3 out of 50 shots.shots you think are going to be great turn out wroung and visa versa.I too would love to see some air shots in that region :-)Peter

AddendumMaybe Avsim should run a real world artistic photographic competition with shots from the ground or air :-)I volunteer to Judge it ;-)Peter

Really nice pics there m8!Once i've got my PPL this winter i'm looking at getting some mountain training in ;), this is the type of place anyone would love to fly into, the scenery is just amazing - you don't feel big anymore now eh.How about Avsim setting up a REAL WORLD AVIATION PICTURES FORUM, where you could post aerial, ground etc pics, and have competitions?Just seems sensable really....Keep em coming, i enjoy these creative and perspective pics.Will :-wave