Sign in to follow this  

Wilco's Airport 2002 Very Bad!

I disagree.When you charge $$ for something, the rules all change.If I run for political office, I expect any and all of my persional history to be made public. If I don't, I'd protect my personal details to the utmost possible. Once again, in this example, the rules change because of something I knowingly do.Like people that run for public office, I have no problem with payware. If it wasn't for payware, we'd be nowhere near where we are in FS add-on developments (although some like POSKY and others have come very close). I have purchased many payware items and will continue to do so (not this product, however).If I download freeware and don't like it, I can just delete it from my system. However, if I am going to buy something, it's not so easy to return to the status quo. So, I like to read reviews on payware, and these should be critical and objective.I do not support public attacks on anyone. I didn't see that in the original post in this thread.Bruce.

Guest CharlesH

Hi:I think people should be free to say good or bad things about any product that is made. I purchased it and I like the scenery very much. Although I am very confused about how to use FSNAT. I am no programer. The plane is just awful. I like the 3D yes its quite nice, but the panel is not functional and hard to use. The plane modeling seems like there was no real attention into making it. No real detail. Wilco should know about this and fix it. If a product does not work as it advertized then, they should about it. I don't believe that Wilco should be treated any differently then other similar firms out there. Why should Wilco be treated with kid gloves. Yes, Wilco and PIC 767 made a great hit, altough most credit should go to the PIC 767 team. The Airport 2002 is not up to high standards that Wilco should have. Please Wilco, patch Aiport 2002 and make it better.Charles

>It baffles me that someone would buy software clearly titled >"Airports" and complain about the aircraft. >If Wilco advertises the product as including a 737 then it is a valid point for criticism. Presumably, some of the consumer's money was used to pay for this feature.

How do you know if you like it before you buy it??? There are very, very few companies that offer "try it before you buy it". I guess us people that turn over our hard earned money to buy a product with the reputation of Wilco expect a good product.(We're not supposed to have Feelings?) Maybe you are financially secure and don't care what you get for your money.

Guest Rizzibird

I think you have to go around here.You bought scenery package, not aircraft package. Why then do you expect such a magnificent aircraft included. I think that 737 is only a ''tool'' for using the scenery.Anyway there are always screenshots availible before your purchase. Already when Airport 2002 had been developed I forsaw that this 737 was horrible.Why couldn't you have checked those screenshots.I also suggest you waitnig for some time after a new product is released. You will be able to see users' feedback and your joudgement will be easyer.Nejc BrelihvACC Sloveniahttp://slovenia-vacc.net

Guest Lenny Zaman

I hope that the A320 has something more to offer because if it is anything like the 737 in Airport I will be sure to fly the other way! "man i'm not gonna keep repeating this, WILCO DID NOT MAKE AIRPORT!!!!! 2002 Volume1 FOR THE FRIKKING 737!!!! IT'S JUST THERE TO DEMONSTRATE A LIL BIT OF THEIR NEW TECHNOLOGY INVOLVING WORKING VC'sIF YOU WANT A 737 LIKE THE FUTURE A320, WAIT OR MAKE ONE YOURSELF!!!IT'S CALLED AIRPORT 2002 AND NOT 737PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!you f**** r******!i've had it up to HERE with your inproper comments on other peoples HARD work! they did a fine job, WE need to LEARN how to use FSNAT... jeeesj.. i've said this before, havent i?NO personal assault.

Guest eko

This line:"i've had it up to HERE with your inproper comments on other peoples HARD work!"should read:"I've had it up to HERE with your improper evaluation of a commercial developers product."This, of course, is more appropriate, and justly classifies your comments as YOUR opinion of the product. Which, BTW, is just as valid as the opinion of the individual you just chastised.Look in the mirror, my friend... look in the mirror.

See post like the one Zaman posted is what gets people upset and angry. Lets all please watch our language before the moderator gets mad and CLOSES this forum. We all just need to chill out before somebody forces us too!!Look towards the future and hope for the best.Pilot 737

No reason for anyone to get worked up here.C'mon...it's very easy to separate the thoughtful reviewers from the losers.

Guest Lenny Zaman

welll you've got a point, yet the thing you state is not at all what i meant. I'm belgian so English is not my main language, so i think i might expressed it wrong.with th inproper i just mean that people should think about anything before posting it. It's kinda obvious you can't compare the 737 with the upcomong A320 PIC, that's something you cannot deny. Yet they still do it? why?all i'm saying is that people should think about what they write, now i made a mistake, but purely one relating the use of english.As for my meaning, i did not say everyone should like this product. all i did is say that alot of people, so they are commercial developers? so what?, put all their latin into this.don't forget, even commercial developers are people, and people, humans, make mistakes. I think mainly the lack of english people on the airport2002 team has made the distribution of information incorrect. Maybe the information pre-release was a bit more than what it has become, but does that mean they did a lousy job?again, this is not a personal attack to anyone, and i was wrong in the way i expressed what i put in here in my previous posting.Hope you understandCheerson a lighter note: yes, i do look in the mirror and i see handsome young man ... :)(joke!)

Guest Lenny Zaman

i'm sorry for the wrong way of expressing myself here, please accept my sincere apologies about that. Be reminded this does not mean i don't mean the pure content of my previous message.bbtw, you may call me Lenny, "Zaman" sounds sooo awefull ;) ;)Thanks for reminding me to this fact 737

Guest Lenny Zaman

sorry you think this way about me... your choice

Hey Lenny just as long as we recognize our faults and move on that's all the counts, you know what can we say?? I think that everybody who are hardcore simmers were a bit disappointed in A2k2v1, hopefully WILCO will address these issuses so we call and be happy again.And yes your apology is accepted. :-)Pilot737

As I read on and on about A2k2v1 I can kind-of understand where all of these people are coming from. I guess if you did pay so much for a product that is quite average you would be quite heated. But I think if we want WILCO to really do something we need to start emailing WILCO themselves, make them work for your money! State your opinions concens and constructive criticisem but don't just do it here at the forums go to the maker and see something happen. But a thing to remember if you are going to state your concerns do it in a nice pleasant way, don't go around bashing a company becuase I can guarantee you you will not get a reply. Pilot737