Sign in to follow this  

Wilco's Airport 2002 Very Bad!

Do to good taste on my part I will only respond to the relevent parts here. While it is strictly speaking true that Wilco did not make Airport 2002 for the "frikking 737" it is a PART of the total pakage. As for the 737 itself, it does have very nice sound effects and the VC lighting is top rate. You will have to ZOOM in close to read anything though. I never saw the default picture of the 737 on their web site but heres a screen shot and please tell me if this is what anyone thought they were getting from the pictures on their site?I see a highly detailed Delta model that looks great but thats not what I have to fly. As to the A320 compared with the new 737. I don't know who is developing the A320 BUT they do have ALOT in common. They both have no 2d panel and their VC look alot alike just as an example. The scenery is ok, there are some nice points and bad points, MAYBE if they delt with this alone it would be a differnt view I would have. It seems to me and other I have talked with who also have bought Airport that the areas in the screen shots on their web site seem to be the areas with the most detail whereas go away from this and it is much less. So in the end I will stick to my Symflyers airports untill Wilco can put out a patch to bring this up to par.Best Wishes,Randy Smith

Randy, Thanks for the pics of the 737. I think the team at Wilco would have had a far better product had they stayed on track, i.e. "Airport".Every airport series produced by Wilco in the past, has had these bloody awful planes which have been a bowl of contention and trouble, yet the airports themselves have been great except for Volume 3 which I had to take off my system as it was like watching a calender in an old San Quinten filum..Wilco, it's time to sack your project manager, you simply have not learned from experience, shame as you've published some great works in the past, please, please stop using your customers as beta testers, that is unless you have a director call Gates, that would explain a lot.George

Guest GiZBUG

Anyone else care to comment on this product? So far, One review, followed by 10+ posts on why this person shouldn't post a review.All I am trying to do is find some reviews/opinions on this product, not bicker! =P

I am a person who enjoys flying around in FS2002 on my free time. (free time means an hour in the evening and a couple hours on the weekends) I thought that airport 2002 was going to be a great program, but it turns out to be a joke. The idea of airport 2002 is great. But in practice, it isnt worth the money. This is the first product that I purchased from Wilco Publishing, and unfortunately, it shall be the last. I dont have time to fiddle with the program to make the gates, trucks or anything else work. And what's up with having to have it in slew mode?? At times, I would be sitting in the aircraft, then hit pause, then all of a sudden, I would be on one of the roads moving like one of the "FSNAT" cars, only I am in a 737! One time, I was just sitting on the tarmac and a 747 came in for a landing through the hangars. And yes, I had setup my system correctly. In fact, I thought that Wilco Publishing couldnt have put out such a poor product, that I completely purged FS2002 and reloaded it and Airport 2002. And the problem still persisted. Like I said before, Airport 2002 is a wonderful idea, but, I think that Microsoft will have to come out with something like airport 2002 before I buy something like this again. I agree.Thanks,Brian

At the UK Birmingham Flightsim show a couple of weekends ago, Wilco stood up and described their development strategy to move to 3D Virtual Cockpits. The developer said exactly what one of the earlier posts said - the 737 was put into the Airport package just so that users could get some idea about how 3D VC technology could feel. He said that the 737 had very limited graphics and was NOT intended to be a "full release". So, if Wilco had one failing here, surely it was not tell purchasers that the 737 was just a "taster"Why don't we all just wait for their A320 - presumably with a 3D VC - and judge that on it's own meritsHope this helps!

Guest Lenny Zaman

i can guarantee the 320 will be good, you have my word on it!

Guest shaunm

Hello I too have just bought A2K2V1 and as at this moment in time i still have not been able to load any of the airports. For some reason i can use the 737 but only if i use it at one of FS2K2 default airports.I keep getting told windows has run out of memory if i try and load any of the airports, a problem Wilco is aware of and along with outher problems i hope they are trying to fix. I got to aggree the quality of the the 737 leaves alot to be desired,but i found it was the same when they released PIC 767,they went to all that efort and produced a panel that will go down in flight sim history but the exterior look of the 767 was bad. My biggest complaint against Wilco is that i have tryed to contact them via their web page and direct with a e mail about my problems but as yet they havn't replyed. Pleas Wilco if you are reading these do the decent thing and answer my e mails. After all i am a customer who bought your product. If this turns out to get fixed i might just buy PIC A320. Shaun.

For several times I ask Wilco how to get my money back for Airport2002 after awful supportand a not working product......NO RESPONSE!?...."long live Wilco".....BURB!!!