Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

FScene Needs A Programmer!

Here's a change for a smart programmer to help the FS community and Ruud Faber from FScene. (You know the guy who made replacement textures for europe and USA and even Australia and USA)Ruud is looking for somebody that can help him make his beautiful textures interchangeable. In return he is offering all his products for FREE ! So if you think you might be able to help, then check here: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=802-It must be/Wil it be /possible to change from one set to another set during flight, c.q. without leaving FS200X. -user friendly frontend to switch the several sets -batchprogram must be generic/scalable enough to use in future enhancements, even with other material (eg clouds, sounds).Perhaps the best approach would be an FS module, i.e. a .dll file in the Modules folder. That way, it will run automatically whenever FS2002 runs and you can make a submenu in the Modules menu within the sim in case you need some level of run-time configuration. Installation would be a breeze, too.And Ruud Faber is willing to do something for you! :-hahTo quote Ruud Faber: "I dream of getting into contact with a programmer who can make a good working 'switch program', preferably an .exe file. She or he will get all my projects for free as a reward" For sure a generous offer!Regards :-wave, Rob "Holland&Holland" de VriesFScene Support Forum moderator Email: fsceneforum@hotmail.com

RobdeVries.jpg

Perhaps Faber need to look into the return for somebody to do this job.If he get pay for his work - why a programmer that contribute to the scenery - should not?? and just get free software.????

Always open for other ideas on compensations. But tell me Ray what do you want in return for services delivered?What are you saying? You're not a programmer, but only giving 'constructive' criticism :-lol ?I was only asking this because this ideas was brought forward by users of replacement material in general (think about FS Seascape (FX files) or FSSkyworld (Cloudtextures). All these are freewareapps and the textureswapping mechanism in these apps are non existant or proprietary and the question of Ruud was not done to his own glory but passed on by him from the FS community to the FS community. Simple to make a general scalable tool for use now and in the future.Best regardsRob

RobdeVries.jpg

Is just because - the scenery Rud sell is shareware and not freeware - - that is where it come from.it will be easy to find somebody more interested for the job - if he or she get pay - simply because is a shareware product - I also could be wrong!You better listen to this advice or your product will get stuck where it is now - regarding dynamic changes in fs. :-eek for your info - programming is of my occupation in life - but not interested in Fs programming at the moment.take it just as an opinion - no more no less -Ray :-eek

"for your info - programming is of my occupation in life - but not interested in Fs programming at the moment"Let me guess, it's not paying enough.. :-xxrotflmaoRob "Holland&Holland" de Vries

RobdeVries.jpg

Defenetly a set of textures in exchange for a customised designed programs is not paying enough - for anybody! especially when let you sell it and put the money in your pockets! Be honest and come the true out of this!Release your textures as freeware - than you will have more chances! to get a free program for your scenery.:-spam1

Reading is difficult, ain't it :-lolBut I'm happy to repeat it especially for you;-texture swapping tool is being asked for by FS community on several occasions (e.g. in FScene Support forum)-Ruud Faber does not, I repeat and read my lips so to speak, does NOT get nor want any money for it-texture swapping tool is freeware and always will be freeware under current stated conditions;-all credits goes to the developer of this texture swapping tool.But if you don't want to do this, because you're not satisfied with the reward (not earning) Ruud has put forward voluntarily i.e. all replacement textures of Ruud present and future for free, that's fine by me..no harm being done, no offence meant :-walksmileRegards,Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries

RobdeVries.jpg