Sign in to follow this  

Assignments help

Can anyone here help me with the following problems ?1. How do I zoom in and out using the external view ?2. How can I set up the cockpit views so that I can let go of the joystick hat switch ? For example, I would like to be able to look through the left cockpit window by clicking the joystick hat switch left, but I don't want it to flip back to the forward view when I let go !3. I would like to be able to set up an external view by simply pressing a SINGLE key, rather than cycling through several views. I also want to be able to pan around this view (and up and down) by using the joystick hat switch. How do I do this ?Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

In addition to the questions above:-1. How do I activate thrust reversers in FS2002 ?2. Does the Dassault Falcon 50 have thrust reversers ?3. Where are the trim controls in the Falcon 50 cockpit (the one by Yannick Lavigne and others) ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Come on guys........surely there must be someone who can answer my questions ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

We all have to start somewhere and all your questions are located in an incredibly obvious place. I will give ya a hint, it came with fs2k2. :) As much as I hate to say it, or hear it for that matter, basic questions like these are in the manual. The questions you are asking are not specific to the Falcon 50 (excellent aircraft I might add). With time and a little effort you will put these rudimentary questions behind and you will be asking about NDB arc approaches. :);)

Thanks for the suggestion, but the manual does not really help me a great deal. Whilst I identified the reverse thrust command as the F2 key, there is a problem. I have already reassigned the F2 key to another command, and I can't find anything in the assignments list referring to reverse thrust. I want to be able to use the JOYSTICK BUTTON 1 to activate and deactivate the reverse thrust, since this is how I do it in Flight Unlimited 3. Can anyone help me with this ?The manual is therefore a waste of time with respect to the majority of my questions, and is obviously no use for specific questions regarding the Falcon 50. Since you seem to be familiar with this aircraft, can you not answer my questions regarding it ? I don't seem to be able to use the trim control dial on the panel. Do you know if this is possible ? If so, how do I use it ?Any help (from ANYONE) would be greatly appreciated :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

As I remember, the manual is something I have to bring up within my computer. Have NEVER bothered! L.Adamson

Reverse thrust doesn't realy have its own key in MSFS versions through 2002. Reverse thrust activates when thrust is at minimum and the Reduce Thrust key (normally F2) is pressed. Any increase of throttle setting, via keyboard or analog throttle, stops reverse thrust. I don't know if the keypad throttle controls (with Num lock off) have the same function for the thrust reversers. WARNING: a "noisy" / dirty throttle potentiometer in a joystick or yoke can interfere with reverse thrust operation (produces momentary settings higher then idle).I think there is some .cfg file changes that disable the "return to forward view" when the view change keys are released. I'll check to see if I can find reference to it. Might be something about it in the older forums on AVSIM.RobertVAFlightAdventures.com crew

Through experimentation I have determined that the FS2002.CFG file can be edited with the Windows 98 Notepad application to eliminate the return to front feature when the number pad view keys are released. Other text editors, including but not limited to Wordpad, should have the same capability.You should back up the existing FS2002.CFG file by copying it to another folder before makeing any changes with a text editor. Actually, although MSFS can create a new one if it doesn't see one in the proper place, backing this file up would be a good idea anyway. If you have made any assignment changes they would be reset to default values if MSFS has to make a new FS2002.CFG file.To make the number pad 6 (with NUMLOCK ON) look right without returning to forward view when released change "VIEW_RIGHT=39,41" in the "KEYBOARD_MAIN" section of the file to "VIEW_RIGHT=39,9". It MAY be significant that the last number is reduced by 32. Similar changes work for the forward right, back right, back, back left, left, and forward right views. I haven't tried changeing the angle up views (like forward right up).You should be able to change joystick or yoke hat switches to pan by reassigning those functions to the hat switch in Flight Simulator's Control Assignments dialog (FS 2000 and later).RobertVAFlightAdventures.com crew

In regards to activating thrust reversers, have you considered just using the throttle and calibrating with FSUIPC? I understand that it's not done that way with FU3; merely suggesting...Regards,Rick

.........and what would FSUIPC be when it's at home ? What I can't understand is why something as simple as reverse thrust cannot be mapped to a joystick button. Just about every other command in FS2002 can be reassigned, so why not thrust reverse ?It just doesn't make sense.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

>With time and a little effort you will put these rudimentary >questions behind and you will be asking about NDB arc >approaches. :);) xplanefanatic,I've been meaning to ask what a DME arc is and now I see there is such a thing as a NDB arc.I would be grateful for a few pointers on this subject. pp:)

>.........and what would FSUIPC be when it's at home ? What I >can't understand is why something as simple as reverse >thrust cannot be mapped to a joystick button. Just about >every other command in FS2002 can be reassigned, so why not >thrust reverse ? >>It just doesn't make sense. >>Chris Low, >ENGLAND. ...so rude and crass is still en vouge. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I said it was merely a suggestion. You're right; it doesn't make sense. I'll just be over there nodding apologetically...

>1. Zoom with the + and - key on the keyboard (not the number >pad). >Sorry, that is all I can help you with. If you use key along with + and - you will zoom in much smaller increments. This is true for both exterior and interior views.edit: Forgot to add that will return zoom to normal (0). Also I just discovered that if you turn off numlock, hold while selecting a view using the numpad, then release before releasing numpad key, the selected view will be maintained until you change it. Unfortunately this will also opperate any functions assigned to numpad keys when numpad is disabled, such as throttle,trim, etc. if you don't disable these key assignments. I know there must be a better way but I havn't looked into it yet.

Sorry Rick. I was just getting frustrated trying to work out what the problem was. You are quite right, and I apologise.If you are still there, maybe you would like to explain what FSUIPC is ? :-zhelpChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png