Sign in to follow this  
CraigC

Help me to get the rotating beacon light to work

I have a GMAX US Navy Gulfstream IV (the one made by Rick Sasala) and the rotating beacon light does not come on. Is there something I can type in the aircraft.cfg file to get the rotating beacon lights to come on?Here is what the lights section of the aricraft.cfg file has now:[LIGHTS] //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landinglight.0=1, -18.223, 0.00, 8.595, fx_beaconbS3 ,light.1=1, -36.572, 0.00, 0.30, fx_beaconbS3 ,light.2=3, -41.75, -39.00, 2.80, fx_navredm ,light.3=3, -41.75, 39.00, 2.80, fx_navgrem ,light.4=2, -41.75, -39.00, 2.80, fx_strobe ,light.5=2, -41.75, 39.00, 2.80, fx_strobe ,light.6=2, -67.10, 0.00, 5.73, fx_strobe ,light.7=3, -67.10, 0.00, 5.73, fx_navwhi ,light.8=4, -10.00, 0.00, 5.44, fx_vclighth ,light.9=4, -20.00, 0.00, 5.44, fx_vclighth ,light.10=4, -33.00, 0.00, 5.44, fx_vclighth ,

I noticed that mine didnt work either. I figured it would be brought to Rick's attention and that he would take care of it. Its defintely not a big deal, but it would look alot cooler for a night flight. I think its a sweet aircraft, but would like to see seats in the back so I could get a corporate repaint and fly all over the place. :)Craig

Guest Lizardo

Just as a guess..maybe no fx_beaconbS3 in 2k2 effects file? (it comes with the plane).

CraigC........your right it's not a big deal, but the plane would look better when flying at night :)Lizardo.......I have the effects that came with the plane in the effects folder, so thats not it.

Did you take the effect out of the folder before you put it in to the Main Effect folder? Just a thought...Rick Sasala

>Did you take the effect out of the folder before you put it >in to the Main Effect folder? Just a thought...Rick Sasala I opened the effects folder, copied everything that was in there, and pasted it into the FS2002 effects folder. Did I do it wrong?

Actually I screwed up! I put the wrong effect in the zip file. Just rename the effect fx_beaconbGulf to fx_beaconbS3 . Seems I screwed up both uploads with this goof. If you don't know how to re-name it, just e-mail me at drowberry@earthlink.net and I'll send you a correct one...Sorry Rick Sasala

RickS.......renaming that file did the trick, the beacon light now flashes. Thanks alot :)

Sorry for the trouble I caused! Glad it works now....Rick Sasala

Rick, Renamed the file and its working perfectly. Thank you for a sweet aircraft. Pics in the screen shot forum soon!Craig