Sign in to follow this  

Iron Knuckles DC9 is awesome!

Yep a great plane bought it today and finally back to manual reading time to fly this one proper...Outstanding model, great sounds and love the cockpit...Andr

André

Guest Coneman

I've gotta ask...does it have optional wing views?Todd

No Tod said to say but maybe we could adjust the aircraft cfg file and map the view to a key :-)But the total package is great :-) Andr

André

Guest PhilipManwaring

I must agree - this is a very well executed package. Some minor release issues, but nothing that spoils the fun. Not only is the panel outstanding but it also features an excellent visual model and flight dynamics.

Hi,The DC9-41 does have somekind of FMC, called an 'areanav' system.At least the SAS versions had them.Here's a picture:http://www.scandva.org/upload/AREANAV.JPGEgbert Drenth

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

What do you do on the DC9 when ATC tells you "vectors for KMIA ILS 09L, fly direct HEATT, cross HEATT at 16000, then direct LONNI, direct KAINS, exit KAINS heading 270"?
Well first off, ATC wouldn't be giving that kind of clearance to a /A non-FMS aircraft like the DC-9, 727, 737-200 etc... It'd have to be radar vectors, direct to an in-range VOR, or by flying a complete published Pilot-NAV STAR and IAP with fixes that are defined by radial-DME.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest TimD

Egbert Drenth wrote:"The DC9-41 does have somekind of FMC, called an 'areanav' system. At least the SAS versions had them. Here's a picture:" And your picture does indeed show detail for a DC 9 Series 40 aircraft. But this is not really relevant with respect to the Series 30, as is recreated for the Iron Knuckles release.http://www.fsheartland.net/images/Signature_F1.jpg

Ahhh.......yes. It is refreshing that something has finally been done right. And for less than $30 too!!! Amazing.I will give this package a resounding 95 out of 100......it will get the other 5 when the minor issues are resolved in a patch.Lagaz811

I would like to point out just one thing. I am about to buy the Dc-9 but/and it happens the same here with CS727 (release controversia apart/didn

AnyoneWould anyone mind commenting on the VC. I know it is not photo-realistic but if anyone could give us a comparison to what we know today to be an excellent VC. Say the SF.260 (which is not photo-realistice either). Can you compare gauge clarity, how well the dash looks as well as the side bitmaps and do the side panels blend well with the panel. Some side view panels dont even look like they are part of the same cockpit and the same with the dash especially if it is black. A good review on the VC would be outstanding.ThanksBobG

>kind of FMC is not an excuse if at any one time one/some >airlines or even the manufacturer retrofitted the model >with them. >most probably, I wont go at all.!Jorge,It is (an excuse). The purpose of this product was to recreate DC9 the way aircraft left the factory and the way it was flown in the sixties/seventies. What's wrong with this may I ask ? But it is definitely a good excuse not to buy it if a 'wannabe' pilot is in fact nothing more than a computer geak who dreads prospect that all of a sudden he/she will have to do some real flying ...And you incorrectly assume that all DC9 were retrofited. You will still find plenty of DC9s or 737s flying around the globe with no FMC of any kind.Michael J.[link:jdtllc.com]http://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Wow. This is the first complete commercial aircraft package in along time that has gone over so well in the FS community. It amazes me that there are no major problems from what I have read. As someone above said, word of mouth does go a long way. I am gonna go ahead and buy this just based on all the bloody praise it is getting.

Eric 

Greetings Jorge!>- There is nothing wrong with the idea of this product.. The >only regrettable thing and real pity is that the release of >high quality all inclusive packages of airliners since the >arrival of fs2002 with all the goodies as VC, fmc, etc, >commercial or freeware have become very scarce/rare indeed >so recreating only a period of time of the life of the dc-9 >when/and only if adhering to reality could be otherwise >lacks some flexibility.Brgds jorge I think you understand the concept behind Iron Knuckles DC-9.I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but maybe you are implying that we have derived this concept so that we could get out of work? :-) Well that