Sign in to follow this  

Iron Knuckles DC9 is awesome!

The VC isn't spectacular, and it's not (IMO) rendered completely to scale, as the seats seem to be placed way too close to the panel, and the yokes stuck awkwardly in the gap... BUT...The gauges are extremely clear, and the view is great. Definitely of commercial quality.I'm still having trouble getting all the warning lights to turn off... and I still have trouble with the starter buttons (sometimes)... But such are minor gripes. A well-rounded package, indeed! :D

Guest PhilipManwaring

Bob,It's hard to compare this VC to a GA panel like the SF260 because of its complexity, but overall I'd say the VC is very nice and quite useable. It's true that some of the guages don't seem to reflect the correct readings from the 2d panel, but the primary flight instruments, annunciators, and levers are all accurate and very clear and easy to read. Visibility is great out of either 2d or VC panels.Philip.

Hi Tim,I posted the picture just to show others that there are 'lead sleds' that have somekind of navigational system, regardless of the 30 series. In a later stage SAS also put simple GPS systems into the 9-ers.Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Indeed, she's a swell ship! Only issue for me is that some of the graphics on some of the panels are corrupted / messed up. Namely, the gear lever in the popup panel that shows it looks fine with the gear down, but once I move the gear up there's now a distorted autopilot panel where the gear up lever should be. Another part of the same popup panel (I believe it's the fuel used reset knob) is also corrupted: it now has a part of the gear lever in it. Could have to do with my graphics card? ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, version .6200 drivers if I recall correctly. Athlon 1 GHz. 512 MB RAM.Great release, lovely 2D panel. VC is cute, but not inviting enough for daily use -- especially since the 2D panel looks so good. Fix the bugs and it'll be great.Is there a mouse shortcut to close the overhead panel? I only see arrows to switch between the forward and rear overhead panel. How do you quickly close the whole thing?Also, it probably would be better if the zoomed T instruments were behind the overhead panel by default.To the kid who complained about the missing FMC: get a life.-FDj

I get sick and tired of the namby - pamby PC rubbish that goes around these forums.The VC is rubbish - it appears out of scale, many of the gauges do not work. If you are looking for a plane with a good VC this is not it. i for one, will not be using the VC.Having said that the 2D cockpit is excellent. The plane appears to be excellently modeled and I would recommend it to anybody that is looking for a new challenge.the fact that it does not have and FMC is great. You actually have to fly the bird. If you want FMC there are plenty of other aircraft available.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

You can close the overhead panel by clicking just to the right of the forward/rear switch.RegardsRussell JOurdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Guest TimD

"Only issue for me is that some of the graphics on some of the panels are corrupted / messed up. Namely, the gear lever in the popup panel that shows it looks fine with the gear down, but once I move the gear up there's now a distorted autopilot panel where the gear up lever should be."This is actually a problem sometimes reported with quite a few of the new cutting edge aircraft, not just ours. Based on our experience so far, everyone who has this problem is using some variation of the NVDIA TI graphics chip set. This sort of appearing/re-appearinbg problem is NOT uncommon with different graphic boards. This is why you almost always see many known issue bugs dealing with graphic cards in a software packages README file. Basically, this has something to do with how MSFS works with the NVIDIA TI chip. We have tried to duplicate this on a 3 other graphics boards, but can only get it to happen with the NVIDIA TI set. Even with older drivers it still happens. (Note: It does happen less with an NT based system, like Windows 2000 or XP system, than on operating systems based on the now outdates Windows 9X platform, like Windows ME or Windows 98. Also, it seems that for many people it is related to using higher than usual screen resolution (for some reason). Many have reported that reducing desktop/simulator screen resolution to 1024 x 768 resolves the problem.http://www.fsheartland.net/images/Signature_F1.jpg

Thanks. For the record, this is an ATI Rage 9700 Pro, running Windows XP. I am running at 1280x1024. I'll try a lower resolution, although that's sad -- the panel looks great at 1280!Regards,FDj

1280*1024 doesn't respect the 1.33 ratio like 800*600, 1024*768 or 1600*1200 and often can cause display problems, try a 1.33 ratio resolution and this problem might go away...---All the BestKaty Pluta

I just got mine installed over this past weekend and am very pleased with package. It flies nicely, looks great, the panels are sharp and highly functional, the Text-O-Matic scheme for adding additional paint schemes works great, and it does have an optional GPS plus the important option to suppress most of the alarms/warnings while learning to deal with the "Iron Knuckles" aspect/philosophy.The manuals a very nicely produced, but we could use a little "cheat sheet" or booklet descibing dome basic items possible overlooked in the full manual. For example, panel click hotspots, and suggested ways to layout/layer the panels so you monitor all activities related to engine start, etc.Great product, and my thanks to the developers for a quality productTodd Rauppius