Sign in to follow this  
Guest Penguin100

EGF931 KMIA-KEYW

Guest Penguin100

Hello!In the following route: What is the meaning of the number "141029" at Waypoint CARNU?MIA..MNATE..CARNU141029..CUDJO..EYWThanks for help,Tom

The format follows PPPPPBBBddd where P is the intersection or navaid, B is the magnetic bearing, and d is the distance. This also known as the Place-Bearing-Distance method of defining a waypoint.So CARNU141029 defines a new waypoint on the 141 degree radial from the CARNU intersection at 29 nautical miles.Mostly used to define a waypoint that is not part of the AIRAC database. Sometimes an intermediate point is needed that is not along a "direct to" route. This is when a place-bearing-distance method is used.Bruce

Guest Penguin100

Dear Bruce,thanks a lot. Maybe you know this too: What is CUDJO? I cant't find it in any database.Regards,Tom

Tom,CUDJO is not an official intersection, if that is what it's suppose to be.Where are you seeing CUDJO?If it has to do with your previous question, there are several geographic references to Cudjoe in the Key West area. Cudjoe Marina that accesses Cudjoe Bay on the south end of Cudjoe Key (halfway between Marathon and Key West).I have several guesses:1> it's an obsolete intersection in the area of Cudjoe Key.2> it's a "custom" waypoint used privately by an airline. Some airlines will specify waypoints in a flight plan that are not in the AIRAC database.3> it's the name of a procedure (STAR, DP, IAP)Bruce

Guest Penguin100

Dear Bruce,I saw it on FBOWEB (see my initial question). The FP is American EAGLE KMIA-KEYW.Greetings,Tom

>> MIA..MNATE..CARNU141029..CUDJO..EYWIt shows as an intersection name, but we know it doesn't exist in the generic AIRAC database.Here are the EGF plans for 2/28 and none match the one you gave:MIA..MNATE.V3.EYWMIA..WINCO..DEEDS.V601.EYWEven the Gulfstream International Airlines route doesn't match:MIA..MNATE.V3.EYWSo I'm not really sure how the CUDJO came about on the FBOWEB site. It may have been a special airspace routing for that particular day. I'd assume CUDJO is a private waypoint used by EGF.Bruce

Guest Penguin100

Dear Bruce,thanks for your your great help. My wife visits FL now. And she will take the flight from MIA to EYW.Bye,Tom